Cams on daily drivers

dynasty_365

Established Member
Yesterday I was leaving the gas statio and there was a 2011 camaro ss sitting at the light and the sound from the exhaust was just beautiful. The clacking of cams was amazing. I haven't been to a track in years and most Cara around my town aren't suped up so it's not normal to hear that sound. My question is for those who have cams or the ghost cam tune does it ever get annoying or tiresome hearing it or r u ok with hearing that sound everyday everytime u sit at a light and what not. I'm just wondering cuz I'm thinking of doing this asap

itSSlow98

Established Member
LSX motors have one cam FYI........i daily drive my cts-v and thats cammed. I love it personally you get a lot of looks(especially the wtf is making that noise look for me.)

dynasty_365

Established Member
Yea man I know damn auto corrct on my iPhone was trying to put something else and it ended up with an s on the end of cam.

After my intake tune and exhaust Ima throw that cam in there around income tax dice I'll have the extra money to spare.

That was my first time hearing one in person. It was like 10 at night and the street was empty and it was just sittig there and u could hear it loud and clear. If I wasn't on my way to work in the opposite direction I woulda turned around and tried to race. I'm sure I woulda got my ass whooped but hey it woulda been worth it to hear that camaros' exhaust

dynasty_365

Established Member
No I want it for the performance aspects of it but it wasn't high on my list til I heard a car with one in person and now I bumped it up on my lost of mods that's alll

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I would like to see some real life dyno numbers before i drop the money to do cams, if the gains are not very good i dont see the point to it.

Users who are viewing this thread