Cams?

Blk4.6GT

Established Member
Comp Cams Stage III Blower Cams are the best set up for pwoer adders.
I did a PI Swap with a full stage III port. I gained 90rwhp with just this setup.
Here's what they sound like.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsdpd9ekvw0"]YouTube- Fastlane Motorsports - 96 Mustang GT Vortech Supercharged - John Dempsey[/ame]

Built4.6

Built
Established Member
i have the hi-tech stage 2 cams in my 2002 gt and love them. they have just as much lope at idle as the 262's, you just have to hear them in person. they made my car much more fun to drive!

The 262's have a great idle for a stage I, but for a stage II there should be much more lope. I've heard some hitechs on youtube and they sound just like 262's, my problem with this is I don't want to pay for some stage II's if they perform like stage I's. That's why i want to see some dyno sheets or numbers

Built4.6

Built
Established Member
Comp Cams Stage III Blower Cams are the best set up for pwoer adders.
I did a PI Swap with a full stage III port. I gained 90rwhp with just this setup.
Here's what they sound like.
YouTube- Fastlane Motorsports - 96 Mustang GT Vortech Supercharged - John Dempsey

damn thats nasty! How's drivability with those? What rpm are you idling at? I can't find any comp cam blower cams online, can you post some specs on those stage III's for me; duration, overlap, etc.? Thanks

Blk4.6GT

Established Member
I have Vortech Blower so these cams are nice. At the time of the Video I had an Automatic so my RPM's were low around 600-750rpm. Here's the info on the cams.
Stage 3 Comp Cams
RPM Operating Range - 1000-7100
Cam Set Part#127650
Cam Grind# XE280ph-13
Duration 280/295 - 245/256
Valve Lift - .559/.560
Lobe Sep Angle 113"

BCM0018

Established Member
I have Vortech Blower so these cams are nice. At the time of the Video I had an Automatic so my RPM's were low around 600-750rpm. Here's the info on the cams.
Stage 3 Comp Cams
Cam Set Part#127650
Cam Grind# XE280ph-13
Valve Lift - .559/.560
Lobe Sep Angle 113"

How does a cam for the 3V work in a 2V?

SBSnake

Established Member
i have the Crower stage II blower cams in my 03 GT and love them. Im running longtubes, prochamber and putting the Magnapack catback on today. The lope is noticeable but is kind of "laggy" until about 2500 rpm then you really feel the cams take over. But since they are blower cams they should be a little soft on the low end so its to be expected until i can afford a KB to pick up the slack :banana:

Built4.6

Built
Established Member
Stage 3 Comp Cams
Cam Set Part#127650
Cam Grind# XE280ph-13
Valve Lift - .559/.560
Lobe Sep Angle 113"

holy mother of god!! I'd need entirely new pistons with massive notches to run that set up man; those are some nasty cams!

Built4.6

Built
Established Member
i have the Crower stage II blower cams in my 03 GT and love them. Im running longtubes, prochamber and putting the Magnapack catback on today. The lope is noticeable but is kind of "laggy" until about 2500 rpm then you really feel the cams take over. But since they are blower cams they should be a little soft on the low end so its to be expected until i can afford a KB to pick up the slack :banana:

Hmm... and right now you're running them with no SC right? Because I definitely want some blower cams for my future D1SC set up, but I was wondering how bad the lag would be running it on an N/A motor for now?

And how good is the performance with the blower cams and no SC?

SBSnake

Established Member

the performance isnt bad at all n/a, its my daily driver and is very well behaved if you let it warm up before you take off in it. The "lag" i referred to is nothing really unless your driving the car normally on the roads and try to pass someone below 2000rpms. Im very happy with them and hopefully will be putting a 2.2 KB on in the next couple of months

SBSnake

Established Member

the performance isnt bad at all n/a, its my daily driver and is very well behaved if you let it warm up before you take off in it. The "lag" i referred to is nothing really unless your driving the car normally on the roads and try to pass someone below 2000rpms. Im very happy with them and hopefully will be putting a 2.2 KB on in the next couple of months

SBSnake

Established Member

Built4.6

Built
Established Member

No, the lag means they're really good cams, that's what I want. How good is the top end above 2500? It's going to be awhile before I get that blower, so I want to make sure the cams I'm putting in can lay down some wood N/A:rockon: Also, I'm going to be putting in some Stage II heads so that should open up alot as well

Users who are viewing this thread