Can I install Eibachs myself on my 04?

Sheffism

Heathen
Established Member
I did them on my 98 GT with a friend. Took us 1 hr 15 mins with zero experience in this area. Should I be able to handle the 04 with IRS myself? I have unlimited use of tools and a quick lube pit. Thanks for any and all replies. :shrug:

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
If you could manage the job on the 98, no reason why not on the Cobra. The front struts are the hard part. Just stay safe, don't get ****y, and use a quality spring compressor.

Fred

Sheffism

Heathen
Established Member
Dindn't need a spring compressoer on the 98. Jucked up, unbolted struts, lowered jack slow, springs fell out nice and s-l-o-w. Rear...axel wanted to rotate. Had to sit on floor and push with feet while buddy bolted up. Hope the IRS is not as bad?

Roush9703

Established Member
Sheffism said:
Dindn't need a spring compressoer on the 98. Jucked up, unbolted struts, lowered jack slow, springs fell out nice and s-l-o-w. Rear...axel wanted to rotate. Had to sit on floor and push with feet while buddy bolted up. Hope the IRS is not as bad?

prior to the cobra i've dont plenty of spring installs on sold axle cars. the irs had me a bit worried, and i'll admit that it was more of a pain in the ass in the rear since i had to use a spring compressor. it also takes a bit longer and is a bit more difficult for the previous reason, but you'll be alright.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Roush9703 said:
prior to the cobra i've dont plenty of spring installs on sold axle cars. the irs had me a bit worried, and i'll admit that it was more of a pain in the ass in the rear since i had to use a spring compressor. it also takes a bit longer and is a bit more difficult for the previous reason, but you'll be alright.

If you lower the whole IRS assembly a little bit, the springs will fall right out of their perches. No need for a spring compressor then.

Sheffism

Heathen
Established Member
Thanks for the Info

Will HR Race or Sports be just as simple/hard to install? It's a daily driver and need to maintain some streetability but want it to look..well...like the heat!

Rwick7

Established Member
Get the Super Sports..Race ones probably won't be "heat" enough for you. And the install is easy. You won't have any problem.

This is how the Super Sports sit

newwheels3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread