Can You Believe PEOPLE!

SaleenSR

Established Member
Some of my friends who even have mustangs them selves state that the 2000 Cobra R can only do 13.3 in the quarter mile? Can you believe how ignorant they are!? Also they say that a 2000 Cobra R(Bone Stock) against a 2000 Dodge Viper GTS(Bone Stock) would not win in the 1/4mile. That to me is just NOT TRUE. Has anyone in here taken their Cobra R to the track and done the quarter mile. Can I please see some time slips so I can show then HOW WRONG they are. Also my 2001 Cobra is for sell. I am selling it for $28000.00. If you are interested you can e-mail([email protected]) me.

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by SaleenSR
Some of my friends who even have mustangs them selves state that the 2000 Cobra R can only do 13.3 in the quarter mile? Can you believe how ignorant they are!? Also they say that a 2000 Cobra R(Bone Stock) against a 2000 Dodge Viper GTS(Bone Stock) would not win in the 1/4mile. That to me is just NOT TRUE. Has anyone in here taken their Cobra R to the track and done the quarter mile. Can I please see some time slips so I can show then HOW WRONG they are. Also my 2001 Cobra is for sell. I am selling it for $28000.00. If you are interested you can e-mail([email protected]) me.
ok, here is the deal... I own a Cobra R and I have a personal friend who owns a 2001 Viper GTS. The Cobra R was not really built to run blistering quarter miles, however, it will certainly do better than 13.3. Heck, I could do better than that in my 4000 pound M5! We have a board member from San Antonio (he just sold his R) who recently ran his R and got in the mid 12's and his car was basically stock. I am certain that if you removed the wing and splitter and attached some beefier rear tires on it, you could get it down to low 12's..... which is where the Viper runs.

However, in stock form on each car, I think the Viper would have a slight advantage because of its higher torque and HP and its much larger rear rims/tires... helping it stick down better. Also, the R will be traction limited due to the IRS, because of wheel hop.

Bottom line, the R will certainly give the Viper a good run. Now, on a twisty road race course with a good driver and some sticky tires?... I think the R has the advantage!

Just my two cents!

Users who are viewing this thread