Can you keep FIPK with pulley/tune?

SFloridaMystic

Established Member
Help Gents! Ready to put on UPR pulley with Idler and SCT Tune. UPR says need their CAI, because K&N FIPK draws hot air, and their CAI pulls cold from fender. I really do not want to throw away the $ for the K&N I already installed. What is your opinion. Can I keep K&N or not?

Thanks! :kaboom:

gatzer

Established Member
It sounds like UPR is trying to get another sale. You will be fine with the K&N.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
It performs bottom-line no problems forget about what UPR said.

In fact I would call them and send there pulley back and tell them that I said "you can't use the K/N with there pulley".
Because I wouldn't BS you.

JP

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by SnakeBit
The hot air is coming from UPR.

Thats for sure!! What a bunch of B.S. I used to like UPR but lately "The copiers of Steeda" have taken a turn for the worse. Keep the K&N and get a tune from someone else who isnt just trying to get your money.

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03 svtvenom
Thats for sure!! What a bunch of B.S. I used to like UPR but lately "The copiers of Steeda" have taken a turn for the worse. Keep the K&N and get a tune from someone else who isnt just trying to get your money.

They copy lots of people. MGW for example. Without getting into a fender-vs-underhood CAI debate, I'd say your FIPK will perform nicely. The 1-2 hp you *might* (or might not) get from he colder air charge (assuming it even exists) isn't worth the money for the new CAI.

Users who are viewing this thread