Candy Red

SteveWK

Established Member
Looks like race red to me, but I did check my Candy Red bumper and no, there isn't the color shift you are seeing in those pictures.

daytripper

Established Member
Hi, New to forum and mustangs . Not cars though . As far as I know the only color for factory stripes was white . with candy red . Not a lot of colors . I was deciding between RR and Candy Red ,so I went to a closed dealer to look . Was rather disapointed to see about 1/2 the cars,focuses and pickups were one of these colors . Ford doesnt seem to have any model exclusive colors . Thats too bad ,I like my Inferno Orange Camaro SS . No other GM cars are this color . About every third car I see around where I live is a Mustang . It would be nice if at least the paint was a bit different . Oh well, I guess the 662 HP will have to be enough to make me happy .

peteypab2133

Established Member
Cameras catch light differently from every angle. You have a metal rear quarter panel and a plastic rear bumper. They will not reflect light the same way. I find it very typical for paint to look different. Generally rear bumpers show it more than fronts.

I wouldnt be concerned.

Florian

Established Member
Hi, New to forum and mustangs . Not cars though . As far as I know the only color for factory stripes was white . with candy red . Not a lot of colors . I was deciding between RR and Candy Red ,so I went to a closed dealer to look . Was rather disapointed to see about 1/2 the cars,focuses and pickups were one of these colors . Ford doesnt seem to have any model exclusive colors . Thats too bad ,I like my Inferno Orange Camaro SS . No other GM cars are this color . About every third car I see around where I live is a Mustang . It would be nice if at least the paint was a bit different . Oh well, I guess the 662 HP will have to be enough to make me happy .

stripes can be white, black, red or blue

F

RedfireWhipple

Established Member

Isnt the older Z06 that was the burnt orange color the same as the Camaro SS Inferno Orange?? I think they called it Sunset orange ?? Maybe I'm worng?

https://www.google.com/search?q=sun...9G5O29gTVgIHADg&ved=0CCAQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=853

13GT500SG

Established Member
There are a few newet z06s inferno orange as well... ok so, i own a body shop here in pa.this is very commen in ALL cars. For the bumpers and trim pieces are painted seperate and at another time then the body. When you have a metalic color or pearl color or even more so a candy colors, their are many factors involving the color match. Obviously air pressure while spraying will cause the metal specs (metallics) to lay at different angles causing a different shade. Also temperature has a small effect as well as most importantly fhe way the color is mixed. Also the angle you spray at which should not be a problen from factory bc it is always 90 degrees and automated. The only way the colors will be exactly "right on" would be if the car was all painted at once at the same time with the same batch of paint and unforyunately they arent. This particular car would bug me like no ithrr. However i would pick this out right away.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Cameras catch light differently from every angle. You have a metal rear quarter panel and a plastic rear bumper. They will not reflect light the same way. I find it very typical for paint to look different. Generally rear bumpers show it more than fronts.

I wouldnt be concerned.
And being in the auto body business its tough to explain exactly what you say, they just dont believe the factory would look like that.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Bumper could have been repainted, has happened before!!

Dealers are constantly touching-up or re-painting bumpers for scratches due to lot or transport damage. They are also not required to disclose this re-paint unless it reaches a certain percentage of the car's value. I will never forget one time when I was at a local Mercedes dealer (I used to do business with their body shop) and they were repairing a scratch on a brand new Maybach that had just arrived. Can you imagine dropping $400K on a new ultra exotic and learning that it had been re-painted at the dealer??

I bought a new Porsche Cayenne S back in 2005 and a tech scratched the LR door with a service cart right before I took delivery. It was minor but I had to bring it back a week later so they could send it in to the body shop and have the door repainted. I wasn't happy, but got a great deal on it so I took it anyway.

Not saying that this is what happened on this Cobra, but bumper damage is one of the most common items requiring repair at a dealership. :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread