Can't stay outta da booost!! (pics of the snake and mods)

[sky]03cobra

Established Member
Howdy all! Well, I've had my new snake for a week now and I have to say that so far its been the most awesome car that I've ever owned. I took some pics of the car and the current mods that I have on it!
:beer:

Click here for pics

Last edited:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Very nice pics. It kinda looks like mine :) I got my windows tinted today with 35% all the way around. I'll take the pics tomorrow and post them on my site if you are interested in seeing what a black 03 looks like tinted.

silvercoffin

Established Member
hood liner mod

ok i never cut my hood liner and now I wish I had....its all messed up from excessive washing! so i am going to get a new one from the dealer.

Is it definetely safe to cut it? My concern is that the heat that is going to come out of those vents when they are wide open is going to damage the paint on the outside of the hood. I have heard that you can actually see the heat coming out once you cut it??????? Im sure that better for cooling the engine but bad for the paint.

I have to get my 03 back in to the shop eventually for leaky fog lights and water damaged hood liner.

[sky]03cobra

Established Member
hey coffin.. yea there have been several posts about people inquiring into whether the heat will bubble the paint. I remember someone posted saying that they commpletely took off their hood blanket on a saleen or something and that he never had any problems.. so I would think that just cutting the holes out larger wouldnt have a negative effect. Since I put the K&N FIPK kit on it, the car instantly gained hp in the butt-o-meter. Since this kit does draw from the engine compartment, I felt that the holes were definitely needed to keep fresh air in the engine compartment. So far Im completely satisfied with the hood blanket mod and the filter kit..
cheers :beer:
sky

silvercoffin

Established Member
ok

guess ill get a new blanket/liner from the dealer first ...mine is looking bad already from washing and one rain storm....

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
When I get my car back from the dealer on monday I am completely taking off the hood blanket. My brother is a painter at a body shop, he can fix it for me if it ruins the paint. I figure the hood blanket can go back on, undamaged when I get rid of the car, NEVER!!

I know this Q has been asked a 1,000,001 times but where did you get the K&N and what is the part #, I am ordering on Tuesday!

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
Originally posted by [sky]03cobra
I remember someone posted saying that they commpletely took off their hood blanket on a saleen or something and that he never had any problems
I would think that the paint of a black car sitting in the blazing Death Valley sun would get hotter than the other side of a composite hood, with the liner removed. JMHO

SVTyballz

Established Member
Re: hood liner mod

Originally posted by silvercoffin
ok i never cut my hood liner and now I wish I had....its all messed up from excessive washing!

There's such a thing as excessive washing?!?!?!? Not with me. Not when my neighbors see me washing my car a 1:00 am.........hahaha. They didn't quite understand the detailing and waxing until 4:00 am either. AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA Guess im a little wacked.............must go fast......................must keep clean..............must go faster...........................must keep it shiny.........BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

gary

silvercoffin

Established Member
K+N

Its the same K+N i had in my 01GT......[I just got one havent put it in yet but thats what Chris WInters Crazyhorse Racing told me

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
SVT Ballz. Good 1. I have already been branded as the psycho car wash guy in the neighborhood. Brought it home in a midwest thunderstorm at 530 pm. waited till it broke at 730 and started washing the car! Went to bed at 130am after Zaino treatment. MUST be Clean. Must Go Faster!. Peace.

El Culebra

Established Member
I used to own a 2001 Saleen SC281 and it never came with a blanket and the vents are always open the draw back is during a car wash I ask the folks to place towels over the vents no problem. If my memory serves me correctly I posted the Saleen comment no paint damage don't worry it gets just as hot on the outside imagine those hot sunny days.

El Culebra

Established Member
I used to own a 2001 Saleen SC281 and it never came with a blanket and the vents are always open the draw back is during a car wash I ask the folks to place towels over the vents no problem. If my memory serves me correctly I posted the Saleen comment no paint damage don't worry it gets just as hot on the outside imagine those hot sunny days.

Users who are viewing this thread