Capitol this friday? (11/26/04)

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Hey guys, so who all is going up to capitol tonight? supposedly (as far as capitols website says) this is the last friday T&T of the season, and so far the weather says tomorrow is gonna be beautiful. Ive talked to a few people who said they might be coming up, kenny (apache) picked up the a/f gauge today n said he might be coming up from Northern Va. i'd be nice to see the cobras take over the track for the last time of the season.... lets end the season with a bang! oh yeah, and happy thanksgiving to you all!!

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
i'll be there too, I orginially was going to go to cecil but plans change...

I will also be using et streets as well. I figure my new rear is going on next week anyways so I can care less if I break this one. I'll just hope it breaks before the input shaft does :rockon:

TRBO VNM

ok, now I am pissed. I filled my damn tank today not thinking about the track tomorrow. so now I have a full tank and can't put my track tune in. anybody have a 5 gallon gas tank I can borrow for the weekend? I have a 5 gallon and a 2 gallon. I would like to somehow drain it out. damn it........... so much for 10's.

TRBO VNM

Hissssnsvt said:
Jason, just take the LONG way to the track tomorrow :lol:

normally I would if gas was like 1.30 a gallon...stuff is getting too expensive. I have a couple jugs here. I might go ahead and get a pump and take some out and even buy another jug at autozone or something. if I can get 8-10 gallons out I will be good to go.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
ok, now I am pissed. I filled my damn tank today not thinking about the track tomorrow. so now I have a full tank and can't put my track tune in. anybody have a 5 gallon gas tank I can borrow for the weekend? I have a 5 gallon and a 2 gallon. I would like to somehow drain it out. damn it........... so much for 10's.

i know how you feel...i'm sporting a full tank also. oh well...i'll just race on my 93 octane tune tommorow...

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
WUTWINE - lucky for you i work at a shop, and we have a gas caddy, which DRAINS gas out of gas tanks before we take the gas tank out of the car itself, so if it is empty tomorrow, you can swing by the shop n we can drain it out, n then put the gas back in saturday, but i first need to check to make sure it isnt filled with another customers fuel. Would you wanna do that?

TRBO VNM

GetBlown2k3 said:
WUTWINE - lucky for you i work at a shop, and we have a gas caddy, which DRAINS gas out of gas tanks before we take the gas tank out of the car itself, so if it is empty tomorrow, you can swing by the shop n we can drain it out, n then put the gas back in saturday, but i first need to check to make sure it isnt filled with another customers fuel. Would you wanna do that?

thanks for the offer. I am going to check out a parts store today and see if they have a syphon kit or pump kit to get the gas out and just buy a 5 gallon jug from them as well. I already have a 5 gallon, so I should be able to get out what I need to.

thanks again for the offer though.

TRBO VNM

Prasad,

surprised you posted. It was a pathetic night for everyone. Nobody could hook up and everyone was running 2-3mph slower than they should. I couldn't get better than a 1.76 60' and 11.60 ET. Everyone was spinning off the line. I launched at 3k on that one. Tried 3500 on the next pass and just spun, then short shift 2nd. It was a terrible night. The track was way to cold as well as all the racers. Damn it was freezing. Oh well, next march should be really good.

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
Prasad,

surprised you posted. It was a pathetic night for everyone. Nobody could hook up and everyone was running 2-3mph slower than they should. I couldn't get better than a 1.76 60' and 11.60 ET. Everyone was spinning off the line. I launched at 3k on that one. Tried 3500 on the next pass and just spun, then short shift 2nd. It was a terrible night. The track was way to cold as well as all the racers. Damn it was freezing. Oh well, next march should be really good.

Agreed - This was the first time I really spun the ET streets badly - I thought I was back on street tires again! Oh well we live and we learn....

The highlight of the night was Jason doing his John Force burnouts.... :rolling:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Agreed Matt, Jason does do some nasty burn-outs :rockon:

The other highlight was we all drove home, saw a few cars going out on roll-backs.

I would of had my best run if I didnt miss 4th gear :bash: 1.76 60', 7.66 @ 94.16 1/8th

TRBO VNM

guess I need to get my burnouts on tape since I am not sure what they look like. Damn Sean, where were you when we needed you. :poke:

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Hissssnsvt said:
Agreed Matt, Jason does do some nasty burn-outs :rockon:

The other highlight was we all drove home, saw a few cars going out on roll-backs.

I would of had my best run if I didnt miss 4th gear :bash: 1.76 60', 7.66 @ 94.16 1/8th

Great 60ft time for the under the circumstances Ken! Just noticed it... :beer:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
WUTWINE said:
guess I need to get my burnouts on tape since I am not sure what they look like. Damn Sean, where were you when we needed you. :poke:

Planning a wedding, amongst a few other things... It was a ton of fun :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread