Cat's affecting a tune

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
Today i just found out from the previous owner of my car that it was dyno tuned to not have cats and when the dealership got it they welded in cats. not high flow just plain old cats. Is this something i need to change could adding the cats affect the tune negatively ? no check engine light the car doesn't seem to run bad there is a little hesitation at idle but i had kinda assumed it could use new coils.... any thoughts ?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'd get it checked out. The cats will affect airflow and could change the A/F. Try swapping plugs before swapping coils.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
well the previous owner informed me he left the handheld in the trunk for the next owner to have and apparently whoever cleans the cars at the dealership stole it possibly .... unless they end up responding to my email and find it four months later ... but the problem being i really don't want to have to spend 400$ on a tuner when i intend on making zero changes to the car. he had a bbk off road x pipe and they welding in two plain jane cats. i did and sometimes do notice a small gas smell after getting into it on a rare occasion i feel like they may be to blame

Last edited:

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
I guess that answers my question. i will deff be cutting them off the dealership welded them onto an off road pipe. They only welded on two

Users who are viewing this thread