cats or no cats?

randy

Established Member
Originally posted by HotRodHarry
I have the Bassani X pipe and Bassani Cat back too and yes..I can put the cats in if I ever need to.

I have to say though...I have no prob on the street with my 17 lbs of boost and 80 hp worth of Juice either....
How does one put over 600 rwhp to the ground on a city street with street tires?? I can't even WOT in first with 13 lbs on 315 Nittos unless they are hot:(....BTW, I wasn't trying to single out or offend anyone in particular, this is just my adamant opinion. Sometimes I come off as harsh:rolling:

Last edited:

BOOOOST

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Great post my friend. I agree 100%. Doesn't make any sense at all to skirt the law and mess up the environment, all for the sake of 10 hp or (maybe more the truth) the thrill of beating the system and bragging about it.
:nono:

I must agree! I used to own nothing but catless Mustangs, but in the last 3 years I've seen that the exhaust systems available today are MUCH more efficient, yet still allow the vehicle to pass emissions.

We used to do it (go catless) because we just didn't give a rats butt, and wanted the loudest thing on the block, plus off-roads were noticably cheaper. Not to mention most of our cars were already pollution monsters anyway from the heads/cam/intakes we were sticking on them. Now there isn't but about 100+ bucks difference in high-flows or off-roads.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
LOL.....its hard...but once you have the car setup right and get use to it...it can be done.....Warm weather will help alot! Pavement wise that is... Taking that front sway bar off helps in getting that weight over the back...full tank of gas...ride the clutch out of the hole and bang bang bang!.....In this cold weather its still impossible to put it all down in first/second and third at times. I run 16 pounds of air in the Nitto's when I take the car out around here. Most of the time 20 lbs. The car still handles great without the front swaybar...well..dont go doing any fast off ramps or anything...but its still light years ahead of the muslcecars of yesteryear that I have owned. I will know better how things go once the spring weather gets here. I cant wait to hit the juice on full blast to see how she handles. All in time.

Pete has gotten 1.60 short times at the track on 315 nittos....amazing. I am basically setting up my car like his. I just dont have a lower larger pulley...instead I went with the Compucar Nitrous system. My thinking is...why push the car with 22 lbs of boost everytime I want to get on it and have some fun, when I can just hit the juice and then have the extra power and torque without adding more pressure in the cylinders than a 4 or 6 lb lower pulley does. May not makes sense...but to me it does :D

This is a blast...I am just an 03 Cobra nut now!!! Somebody stop me!! ;-p

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Harry, you're 40 and have 6 kids? You must feel 80 :shrug: Admit the Cobra has made u feel young again :thumbsup:

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
The kids keep me young....I am such a kid at heart. I get to live my childhood over and over and over.....just have alittle more say this time around :D

Hot Rod(Forever a kid)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

Users who are viewing this thread