ccrm box installed car runs way better

shelbycobra

Established Member
friends i just had to post this my fuel pump had quit working so i installed a new one and my car seemed great but for years i have had a ticking sound close to my fuel regulator under the valve cover well i bought a used ccrm box and was just checking it out on my cobra to see if it works well the car started faster and ran smoother,so i took that box off and installed my old one soon as i did my fuel pump would not kick in so changed back to the newer ccrm and all i can say is the tick is almost gone and at times it goes away my car runs like a wild cat on steroids she pulls harder even gets sideways when i get on it off the like i am one happy camper

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
friends i just had to post this my fuel pump had quit working so i installed a new one and my car seemed great but for years i have had a ticking sound close to my fuel regulator under the valve cover well i bought a used ccrm box and was just checking it out on my cobra to see if it works well the car started faster and ran smoother,so i took that box off and installed my old one soon as i did my fuel pump would not kick in so changed back to the newer ccrm and all i can say is the tick is almost gone and at times it goes away my car runs like a wild cat on steroids she pulls harder even gets sideways when i get on it off the like i am one happy camper

Long story, but on a 99-04 just had an issue with a ground causing CCRM problems and ECU communication issues. Often overlooked little bastard and still don't fully know all its functions but it does "some stuff" to say the least. Honestly thought it was mostly vestigial in cars w.o. variable runners.

In my case just shitty grounding but still interesting timing on the thread and had to chime in.

SVTP solved the problem years ago and found it via Google. Soon as I did a little research, problem solved in a minute.

Glad you found the issue. That bugger could have you chasing your tail.

Check your ground to the engine bay fuse box, engine and frame. Seems like that is the cause of CCRM problems and possibly the real root of your problems if it's still running off.

Last edited:

shelbycobra

Established Member
Long story, but on a 99-04 just had an issue with a ground causing CCRM problems and ECU communication issues. Often overlooked little bastard and still don't fully know all its functions but it does "some stuff" to say the least. Honestly thought it was mostly vestigial in cars w.o. variable runners.

In my case just shitty grounding but still interesting timing on the thread and had to chime in.

SVTP solved the problem years ago and found it via Google. Soon as I did a little research, problem solved in a minute.

Glad you found the issue. That bugger could have you chasing your tail.

Check your ground to the engine bay fuse box, engine and frame. Seems like that is the cause of CCRM problems and possibly the real root of your problems if it's still running off.
i will go oever them maybe clean them too

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member

i was just about to post the exact same thing! about 6 mos ago it sounded like the fuel pump on my terminator was intermittently dying but didn't think it could be since it was fairly new. then it progressed to a point of clicking when i turned the key. swapped out ccrm but same problem.

saw sort of an obscure youtube video about ccrm clicking and said it was a grounding issue at the connection near the battery tray, and sure enough mine was loose. pushed it together and it solved the problem. i had the engine out the month prior and must not have pushed the connectors back together well enough when reinstalling.

checked the wiring diagram and sure enough, that ground connection is specifically for the ccrm (fuel pump relay and ecu grounds).

and congrats on getting your car back running good again, op!

Users who are viewing this thread