CEL on new Saleen 302 Yellow Label

IM3CPO

Established Member
I just bought a 2015 (car #38; built in Jan 2016) Saleen 302 Yellow Label with Kenne Bell supercharger. On the 7 mile drive home from the dealership, I got a CEL. Used a programmer to read the DTC's and I have the following 5 codes:

P0068
P0172
P0175
P0316
B1215

The car came from Saleen with a little over 600 miles on the odometer. After I got home, I called the dealership about the CEL and they mentioned Saleen had some issues with the car while they had it (would have been nice to know this BEFORE buying it, but whatever). On the plus side, they dealer claimed the car put out more power than the 715HP, 600 torque it's supposed to and claimed it was closer to 770HP. I asked them for the dyno sheet of the run and they said they would look into getting it for me. Anyways, I am not super concerned as of yet as the car has warranty and whatnot but I was interested in getting feedback from people here in case I need a sanity check as I go down the process of getting this fixed. Also of note, the speedometer doesnt work nor does the temp gague mounted on the top of the dash. Not sure if that would have any bearing on the codes or not. Any suggestions or feedback (especially from you tuners out there) would be greatly appreciated.

Here are a couple pictures of the car:

WP_20160131_22_59_01_Rich_LI.jpg

WP_20160131_22_56_04_Rich_LI1.jpg

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Just take it back to the dealer, they are responsible for getting the car correct..and make sure they give you a loaner car for your inconvience. That car costs big bucks man, they need to step up and fix everything!

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
P0068 MAP/MAF - Throttle Position Correlation

P0172 System Running Rich Bank1

P0175 System Running Rick Bank2

P0316 Misfire at Startup

B1215 I cant track this one down.

I agree with the above ^ very shady move, the dealer should of disclosed the previous issues they have with it. Take it back to the dealer and tell them all the issues, don't accept the car back unless all the issues are resolved.

Good luck OP and very nice car!

Oh and IMO you should program the mykey to limit MPH and hand that key to the dealership.

Last edited:

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Wow, they sold it knowing it had issues! I'd take it back and get a refund and go get something else.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
600 miles from Saleen seems high too.

Yeah,...that's what I don't get.
Did the OP order the car from Saleen through the dealership? Not really confident on knowing that Saleen and the dealership both knew of the issues, but let the car be sold anyways. Not a great business move, ethically. Good luck OP. I hope it all works out for you. That is a really nice car though. More pics, when you can.

IM3CPO

Established Member
Just take it back to the dealer, they are responsible for getting the car correct..and make sure they give you a loaner car for your inconvience. That car costs big bucks man, they need to step up and fix everything!

Agreed. I talked with them today and they said they will take care of me. I will keep everyone posted as to how things go, but I think everything will be fine.

IM3CPO

Established Member
600 miles from Saleen seems high too.

I thought so too, but I didnt have any other Saleen's to compare to, so no idea if its in line or not. The car does have a sticker from Saleen on the door documenting that it did indeed from from Saleen with 608 miles on it, and that is the mileage on the car when I picked it up at the dealership. I am digging into what the "issues" it supposedly had while at Saleen but honestly, its all hearsay at this point. I will get to the bottom of it though...

IM3CPO

Established Member
Yeah,...that's what I don't get.
Did the OP order the car from Saleen through the dealership? Not really confident on knowing that Saleen and the dealership both knew of the issues, but let the car be sold anyways. Not a great business move, ethically. Good luck OP. I hope it all works out for you. That is a really nice car though. More pics, when you can.

Yes, I ordered the Saleen from a Ford dealership vs. through Saleen directly.

IM3CPO

Established Member
P0068 MAP/MAF - Throttle Position Correlation

P0172 System Running Rich Bank1

P0175 System Running Rick Bank2

P0316 Misfire at Startup

B1215 I cant track this one down.

I agree with the above ^ very shady move, the dealer should of disclosed the previous issues they have with it. Take it back to the dealer and tell them all the issues, don't accept the car back unless all the issues are resolved.

Good luck OP and very nice car!

Oh and IMO you should program the mykey to limit MPH and hand that key to the dealership.

Thanks for the code info and advice about programming the mykey before bringing it to the dealership. FWIW: I too was unable to find anything on the B1215; I decided I would clear the codes and drive around a little bit and see if any of them came back. Not only have the codes not returned, but my speedometer and IAT temp gauge on the dash are working correctly now! I drove the car about 20 miles or so and everything still looks good. Maybe it was just a fluke? Keeping my fingers crossed but I have a good feeling the dealership will step up to the plate and take care of me. I found some minor issues with imperfections on the front spoiler and paint and they are taking care of me.

And let me tell you, this sucker is no joke! Its FAST! I had a 2012 and 2013 GT500 and this sucker is way more crazy than either of those cars. I also have a 2015 Challenger Hellcat and same story holds true there as well. The Saleen is one serious car.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Saleen is not really know for the best business practices. You should really proceed with caution.

I'm honestly surprised Kenne Bell is selling them blowers. I bet Jim is getting cash up front.

IM3CPO

Established Member
Talked to Saleen today

Saleen is not really know for the best business practices. You should really proceed with caution.

I'm honestly surprised Kenne Bell is selling them blowers. I bet Jim is getting cash up front.

I talked to Steve Chamberlain from Saleen today and they said there was an update that didnt make it on my car before it shipped. They are sending me an updated tune and a screen for the air filter to smooth the air flow. They seem confident this is going to fix the CEL codes I am getting.They are shipping it out tomorrow, so should get it shortly.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
Did you research the car to make sure its not a press car? Thats alot of miles, it may have been used for that.

I was looking at a roush RS3 car and I did a lot of research, I found videos of it at laguna seca being used as a press/demo car. I ran away from the deal.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I have heard that as well. Hopefully that's not true.

I talked to Steve Chamberlain from Saleen today and they said there was an update that didnt make it on my car before it shipped. They are sending me an updated tune and a screen for the air filter to smooth the air flow. They seem confident this is going to fix the CEL codes I am getting.They are shipping it out tomorrow, so should get it shortly.
That would be great! Hopefully that works.
How are they sending the updated tune? Tune on a handheld or do you already have a hand held and they are just sending the updated tune? Thanks.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread