CenterForce DulaFriction Clutch

Cobras_Rule

The Terminator Rules
Established Member
I posted this in Road Side and in the Mustang section but i got no responses so i thought id try here.

I just got my DualFriction Clutch today and part of the directions say that it is ONLY to be used with a OEM or Steel Flywheel or else the 1 year warenty will be void. I was wondering if anyone knew why this is. Is it cuz the clutch only works with steel flywheels or is it just because the aluminum is not as strong as the steel?

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
The Cobra aluminum flywheels have steel inserts, so it shouldn't matter.

"on O.E. Flywheels and billet steel friction surfaces"

pretty much covers anything that will go into ours cars. Maybe they mean to exclude anything that does not have a steel friction surface.

I would suggest calling Centerforce and asking for a clarification if this still doesn't sound right to you.

Dana

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Well, on the 03 Cobra's the flywheel is aluminum. I'm guessing it's because they build the clutches with the OEM flywheel specs. If you get an aftermarket flywheel and it somehow affects their clutch, they don't want to be responsible. It's probably just a way to watch their backs. I don't really see how they could prove that you had an aftermarket flywheel though.

Users who are viewing this thread