Ceramic Brake Pads

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
Does anyone know the part number for the Napa Ceramic brake pads for our cars,i had these on my lightning and loved them.The pads we have now create alot of brake dust and these Ceramic pads hardly gave out any dust at all even in with alot of hard breaking!This is a must do for our cars unless you like cleaning your rims everyday like i have been!

svtguy

Established Member
I don't know the part number, but they are the same ones that the 01 cobra uses. I just installed them, fronts only, on my 03 cobra. The original fronts only lasted 100 miles, yes I said 100 miles, of open track event at road america. The rears are still in good shape. The originals didn't stop very well either during high speed braking. My front wheels ended up with so much brake dust on them that they were blacker than the tires! I am will use the ceramics for street use only and use better pads for the track. BTW, those ceramics are pricey, even with a shop discount.

Paul.

jchrystal

Established Member
Regarding the NAPA brake pads. They are pretty sweet for the highway, but don't event think about using them on the track.

The fade is horrible! I tried to use them on Mid-American Motorplex's 2.3 mile road course. After two warmup laps and one hot lap, my brakes were gone. Switched to my Hawks, and the car stopped on a dime.

If you're going for the NAPA brakes, make sure you're not the type of driver who does any sort of repetitive hard stopping.

Happy motoring!

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Here is the result of looking for Haek pads, on tirerack.com for an '03 vert.

Brake Products for Ford Mustang Cobra Conv. 2003

Products in the following brake categories are available for your vehicle.

1. Select the categories you'd like to see and then click "Search" below.

or

2. Select "Search All" categories

No results available for this vehicle
:shrug:

Be kind to your stock pads, for now!

-B

jchrystal

Established Member
Hawk Pads...

FoMoCo et al have been saying all along that the brakes on the '03 Cobras are the same as those on the '01, with the exception of some "heavier duty" pad material on the rears.

I think you can purchase the Hawks for the '01 Cobras without any worries. Call TireRack directly if you're concerned.

Happy braking!

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread