Ceramic pads for the Shelby?

captain1891

Established Member
The stock pads generate quite a bit of dust, and MT`s big gripe about the 13 Shelby is the brake fade. I know there have been numerous rebuttals on this forum regarding the fade, i was just wondering if anyone here is thinking about swapping pads. Pro`s and Cons?

captain1891

Established Member
No, to be honest i haven`t even looked. Just know i dislike cleaning the PP wheels, and i swear the dust even gets on the doors and rocker panels.
Only had my SG for a month, guess I`m a little OCD about keeping it clean.

Snoopy49

Established Member
You sure aren't the first person to complain about the dust, especially on the SVTPP cars.

It seems that Auto zone has pads for the 2012 but I am not certain they have them for the 2013. The people that have bought pads for their earlier cars, seemed to like the Auto Zone pads.

Last edited:

Zeroescence

Established Member
No, to be honest i haven`t even looked. Just know i dislike cleaning the PP wheels, and i swear the dust even gets on the doors and rocker panels.
Only had my SG for a month, guess I`m a little OCD about keeping it clean.

Try armor all wheel protectant. It's awesome. I have been using on every car I own since it came out. It's worth the money. :thumbsup:

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
Fade is caused by more than pads. The brake lines themselves get hot and expand. Thus making the amount of fluid insufficient. Pads can help with dust and to some degree fade.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

captain1891

Established Member
The Shelby SS`s have 6 piston calipers at all four corners. I`m thinking a brake upgrade along with a Watts Link are going to be my first mods. Would like to have massive stopping power and better suspension for now.

Users who are viewing this thread