check engine light on but no dtc?

99riodragon

Established Member
ok fellas i need some serious help.today on the way home from work the check engine light pops on.didn't notice any difference in performance of the motor or it running rough or anything.so i get home and attempt to pull dtc from the cluster and it says DTC none....so i look on the web and it says you can have dtc's with out the cluster showing it.so i drive to auto zone and pull codes.it pops up with one code...p0175...now brief history of what i have done.i changed the fuel filter,the 02 sensors,and swapped spark plugs from the platinum plugs that some one else put in to the ngk tr6 plugs gaped at .030...the o2 sensors are denso o2's and i cleaned the mass iar meter with the mass air cleaner from auto zone and i cleaned and oiled the k&n filter and let it dry for 1/2 a day to make sure the oil was in the filter so it didn't contaminate the mass air..all else about the car is stock on the motor aside from the novi 1000rr kit.i have a colonel who wants to buy this car and i cant sell it with the engine light on.any help right now is good help....thanks.:beer:
the paper from auto zone reads like this.
definition
fuel trim bank two condition
explanation
the ECM has detected a rich or lean air/fuel ratio
condition on bank two
probable causes
if bank one and two are set together suspect a
fuel pressure condition or maf sensor-bank 2 sensor 1
ignition misfire
fuel injector problem
engine mechanical problem......that is EXACTLY how it reads off the paper.

Last edited:

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I would get a spark plug tester and make sure it is not a COP. Consider a Noid light for fuel injector harness test.

I would also suspect new O2 sensor issue? Maybe your old ones weren't working correctly and the new ones read a true lean/rich condition?

Did you change the front or back ones?

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
It might be the brand of O2 sensors. I've heard of more then one person having issuses with anything other then the Motorcrafts. Can you clear the light?

99riodragon

Established Member
I would get a spark plug tester and make sure it is not a COP. Consider a Noid light for fuel injector harness test.

I would also suspect new O2 sensor issue? Maybe your old ones weren't working correctly and the new ones read a true lean/rich condition?

Did you change the front or back ones?

i pulled the negative cable for 20 min.rechecked the new plugs for proper gap,cleaned the mass air again.and reconnected the neg cable and it seems to run smoother.been driving for 2 days with no issues.so hell if i know what gives.

99riodragon

Established Member
It might be the brand of O2 sensors. I've heard of more then one person having issuses with anything other then the Motorcrafts. Can you clear the light?

cleared the light,and i really did ponder the thought of quality of the 02 sensors.i only swapped the front 02 sensors.i would be buying a tuner and tune from vmp but im in the process of packing for the move from vegas to colorado,so when i get settled i will be tuning with vmp.i also gotta change the serp belt and with the rr styled blower it looks like a pita.

Users who are viewing this thread