Childhood toys/games which you remember fondly.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
My "dad's" Pachinko machine. Images below stolen from Ebay.

He had 7 other siblings, so I doubt it was "his" technically. However, I lived closest to my grandparents and always enjoyed playing with it when I visited. My grandparents threw out nothing, so yes they still had it like 30 years after they bought it. The battery was long gone so I never saw it light up. The spring for the handle was gone, so you just had to manually flick it up. Several of the back plastics were cracked and held together with tape. I loved messing with the back of it, seeing how it worked, trying to attempt to fix things with rubber bands and more tape.

At some point, likely my grandpa said, "Just take that damn thing home with you." I did. It's still in my closet at my parent's house. One day I'll get around to ebaying everything that is broken on it, and it might live again.

YHnft1f.jpg

kEjkFzy.jpg
Those ball bearings they used was nasty, like (perfect slingshot ammo). But yes sadly a few things on my dads that he bought from Montgomery Wards I think in 1978 (worked as an auto tech there) broke and parts was unobtainium for it. I tried a few places as late as 2010 with no go on said parts and just tossed it.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
My "dad's" Pachinko machine. Images below stolen from Ebay.

He had 7 other siblings, so I doubt it was "his" technically. However, I lived closest to my grandparents and always enjoyed playing with it when I visited. My grandparents threw out nothing, so yes they still had it like 30 years after they bought it. The battery was long gone so I never saw it light up. The spring for the handle was gone, so you just had to manually flick it up. Several of the back plastics were cracked and held together with tape. I loved messing with the back of it, seeing how it worked, trying to attempt to fix things with rubber bands and more tape.

At some point, likely my grandpa said, "Just take that damn thing home with you." I did. It's still in my closet at my parent's house. One day I'll get around to ebaying everything that is broken on it, and it might live again.

YHnft1f.jpg

kEjkFzy.jpg
We had one of those too. None of my friends had ever seen such a contraption.

Users who are viewing this thread