Chip Install

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Getting ready to install Diablo sport chip today, thought I would
ask if there are any lessons learned that I should know before hand. Any certain things I should look for during start up after install?

Black Cobra

Established Member
Hey 03snake,
Unless somebody steps up to the plate, looks like you're nominated for the HOW-TO w/ photos article :)

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Thats hard to believe with all the chip's installed out there. Basically what I'm looking for is what do I need to pay attention to after install to insure that it's running right.

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
03Snake,

Very easy install, just follow the directions they are excellent. The contacts take a little time but once they are clean it is smooth sailing from there. After the chip install and before sticking all the pcm stuff back into the wheel well, I connected the ground to the cpu and then reconnected the battery cable just to make sure it would work. Then disconnect the battery cable and the ground re-install what you uninstalled and start her up. My car seems much more responsive and better running with the Diablo chip. Hope this helps! BTW I am posting a followup on the UPR mishap today. Very pleased with the outcome.

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Originally posted by 03snake
Z06-2002, Thanks for the tip. Glad UPR made right by you.

My pleasure 03Snake, I have got to say UPR turned out to be really cool. Best of luck on your new chip, you will like it. :)

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Can you get the diablo chip re programmed?
I mean, say you get just the chip now, then want something else changed on it (shift light delete, or maybe a pulley, etc.) do you have to send it back to them? Or can you program it with your own PC with a DL from their site? or Ship it back to them? Or get a whole new chip? Just curious. Thanks.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
You send it back for a re-burn. I think it's free. At least for the first re-burn. I'm sure that if the mod you're doing comes from the same place your chip did, a re-burn is free. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong. I know JDM will do 2 free re-burns, Amazon Racing does this also I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread