Chipping hood

SVerT

Established Member
Is this a warranty issue?
It is not due to damage, it bubbled and then popped.
Do they respray the whole car or just the hood?

Thanks for the input.

Jesse

If the hood needs sanding most of the time they will order a new hood and paint it.
If you can show damage on the rest of the car that is the same as hood...You might get them to paint the whole car..I did!

Driven

LS what???
Established Member
I had the peeling/chipping issue with the hood, they resprayed my hood only and it is happening again. I cant wait to see what they say this time.

cgg074

Established Member
When I bought mine, it had the hood paint cracked on the front, just above the grill emblem. Maybe someone pushed the hood pretty hard when closing it and cracked the paint. It had like three cracks, 2 inches long.

Ford repainted the hood.

Today, 9 months later, I noticed it has a small crack on the same spot. It is very small, less than an inch. I waxed it pretty hard, it got better, but it's still there. Maybe will try to watersand it in a body shop. I don't want to get it repainted and be without my baby for a week and a half for that.

Still have 2+ more years of bumper to bumper warranty.

I have a friend that has a DSG 03 Cobra and it has a lot of chips on the hood. One started like a penny size, not it's quarter size. He used touch-up.

FORD PAINT SUCKS BIG TIME!

Users who are viewing this thread