Chips, pulleys, and filters

thezfunk

Established Member
Hi Guys I have a few questions...well actually my boss does. I have a 98 SVT Contour and my boss just got a 2001 Lighting. Needless to say when he found out I was a fellow SVT owner I got hired right away! Anyway he had a few questions and I told him about this place and he asked if I would ask you guys a few questions. He wants to know...

1. Does the superchip for the 2000 Lighting work with the 2001 (he had a 2000, took it in to get new brakes and walked out with a 2001)?

2. Is there a new pulley he can get that will add more boost to the supercharger?

3. What does K&N have out for the 2001?

Thanks guys I told him you would be able to help.

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
hey thezfunk

Tell your boss to call Jim at JDM

he can reburn the superchip, he also has a lower pulley and cone filter that is better than a K&N

his # is 732-780-0770

Filter1-vi.jpg

here is Jims filter

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by thezfunk
Hi Guys I have a few questions...well actually my boss does. I have a 98 SVT Contour and my boss just got a 2001 Lighting. Needless to say when he found out I was a fellow SVT owner I got hired right away! Anyway he had a few questions and I told him about this place and he asked if I would ask you guys a few questions. He wants to know...

1. Does the superchip for the 2000 Lighting work with the 2001 (he had a 2000, took it in to get new brakes and walked out with a 2001)?

2. Is there a new pulley he can get that will add more boost to the supercharger?

3. What does K&N have out for the 2001?

Thanks guys I told him you would be able to help.

Licky Dog wish I could walk in and walk out with a job based on what I drive :D

thezfunk

Established Member
Thanks guys,

Is that the general consensus then? Or does someone else have something to add?

Chainsaw13

Established Member
thezfunk, Don said it best. If I ever decide to chip my truck, I"m going with JDM. Nothing agains the other tuners/aftermarket shops out there, but there's some intangibles that steer me towards JDM and his products. If you want to, private message me and I can explain more.

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread