Clutch Firewall Adjusters&Quadrants

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Ok - I just read about 70 threads that had some excellent background on why an aftermarket firewall adjuster/new quadrant will help my condition - difficulty getting into gear after the clutch gets hot. Reverse in particular.

Now to my question. I'm down to two offerings: Steeda and UPR. As they are the same price, I wanted to see if anyone had results/opinions they wanted to share.

Greatly appreciate any input!
Cheers,
Pete
:beer:

tommygun

Established Member
I have used Steeda products for years with no complaints and good directions. .02

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
tommygun - hard to argue with the guy who won in St Louis! Did you end up using nylon washers to center the quadrant? Did the firewall adjuster work as advertised or did you mod it? One final question - did you stay with the stock cable? Thanks again!

Sin

Established Member
When I posted my thread...8-10 posters made clear to go to UPR. Got mine in the mail 2 days ago

tommygun

Established Member
I had to use washers to center the quadrant, I made them myself. The firewall adjuster is like it says and I used the stock cable. The hardest part was getting the factory clip off to put the adjuster on the cable. Good luck. I dont think you would go wrong with either company

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Go UPR's new parts for sure. The Steeda adjuster sucks. No need for a new cable. Use the stocker. Tommygun is right on, just use some washers to center it, and the clip is tough to cut off.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
I originally installed the Steeda on my 98. Later, I bought the original F/W adjuster from UPR and couldn't be happier. For the 03, I bought the new UPR extreme F/W Adjuster and triple hook quadrant. 1/2" washers from the hardware store works well for shimming the quadrant. Stay with the stock cable.

For that special detail, add the clutch pedal height adjuster. Do a search for the supplier (I got one of the pre-production models from the designer that I pulled off the 98 before I traded it in. Well worth the price.

lguerra1

Established Member
Originally posted by p3pete
Ok - I just read about 70 threads that had some excellent background on why an aftermarket firewall adjuster/new quadrant will help my condition - difficulty getting into gear after the clutch gets hot. Reverse in particular.

Now to my question. I'm down to two offerings: Steeda and UPR. As they are the same price, I wanted to see if anyone had results/opinions they wanted to share.

Greatly appreciate any input!
Cheers,
Pete

You can go with either one, I have tried both in the past. I currently have the UPR, and the release is very close to stock. The main difference is you can adjust it to release where you want it, versus the stock junk.

If you want you can come by and see what it feels like. I used the UPR triple hook quadrant and the firewall adjuster. I left the stock cable. Let me know if you need help on the install. I have plenty of tools in my garage. Just bring the parts and a six pack and we can knock it out in a short time.

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Louis,
I may just take you up on that. I'm doing the exhaust this weekend, but maybe next weekend. I'm ordering the UPR today and I've also got the raptor shift light to install (maybe two six packs are in order!)

All the rest - thanks very much for the input. As usual, this forum has provided the exact guidance needed.
Cheers,
Pete

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by SnakeBit
For that special detail, add the clutch pedal height adjuster. Do a search for the supplier (I got one of the pre-production models from the designer that I pulled off the 98 before I traded it in. Well worth the price.

Maximum Motorsports sells that for around 20-30 bucks.

I had to use the second hook on the UPR quadrant and screw the adjuster all the way out. Now I'm ready to screw the adjuster all the way in and go onto the third hook, so I guess I'll do the pedal adjuster while I'm down there.

Easy to install?

Users who are viewing this thread