clutch gone??

slth69

Established Member
ok so i was on the interstate today, tried to gun it in 6th gear going 75mph. Tach jumped to 5500 rpm and the car barely took off. Then i tried to race a lightning, dropped it into 3rd, and hit the rev limiter right away. Shifted to 4th, 5th, and 6th gear and I hit the rev limiter in each and only gained a total of 10 mph.

I figured something was wrong so i pulled over, checked my exhaust and intake, everything looked ok. Tried to start again and the clutch pedal was limp. Managed to get to 20mph in 6th at 5500rpm. That was all she had. Pulled over, got it towed(on a flatbed) to nearest dealer.

ok so what happened and whats wrong cause i have no clue. Also service manager said that is probably wouldn't be covered under warantee cause of my drag radials?????

the car has only 4300 miles on it and the clutch did not have any signs of slipping????

Last edited:

slth69

Established Member
Originally posted by 03snakerush
Go over his head- Call SVT directly if he denies warranty coverage:bash:

I'm hoping not to have to do that but I will, told him straight up after he started his BS about the tires that this could get ugly w/ lawyers. He tried to get out of giving me a loaner for gosh sakes.

Any ideas what it could be that went wrong???

Users who are viewing this thread