Clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster ?'s

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Ok, I've had the Steeda double hook clutch quadrant and firewall adjust for a while now. I've been too scared to attempt the install yet. The instructions seem extremely vague and complicated. I haven't even studied the clutch setup or the new parts yet, but it doesn't sound like it's going to be easy. Is there a write-up somewhere that can help me through this? Anyone have any tips? I need to get this done so I can powershift my way down the track tomorrow night...

Ashentep

Established Member
The install is very easy, and is very straight forward once you figure out what to take off the end of the clutch cable.

My only real tip is to make sure and get nylon washers to align the quadrant so that the cable doesn't grind against the side of its channel on the quadrant.

If you have any questions once you start the install, theres usually someone who will answer in just a few minutes.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
svt46... Dude dont be scared to call Steeda for tech help.

On the driver side of the transmitions sits a little box with 1 bolt. Need to take that bolt of & u will see the the clutch cable end up on the fork(think thats what its called.). There a bolt that holds the clutch.

U need to go under the steering wheel to see what ur getting into as well. Dude on the Hot Rod TV had sample of the install & he advised that Quadrant was the worst part of the work.

Getting the cable out was just being careful & putting the cable back in as well.

Thinking of doing it my self as well.

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Ok, it's like 1:00 AM my time and I just got done installing my quadrant and firewall adjuster. All I can say is, this thing kicks ass! :thumbsup: Not only do I NOT have to granny shift third anymore, I can powershift it and hit it dead on every time (with a good chirp of the tires :D ). It's just like driving a 5 speed 5.0 (just with a buttload more power)! I would definitely say this as a mandatory mod. If your tranny is notchy and hard to shift like mine was, your clutch probably isn't fully disengaging. With this adjuster, you can not only get it to disengage, but you can have the clutch engage farther up in the pedal travel to make it even easier to powershift. I will say, however, that the instructions suck. Bad. Do yourself a favor and read some previous threads about how to install the firewall adjuster before attempting to do so. You WON'T figure it out with just the supplied instructions. I got my clutch adjusted EXACTLY the way I wanted it the first time. I didn't have to touch it after I was done installing everything. Tip: Use the hook closest to the firewall like the instructions say. I tried using the one closest to the steering wheel and I couldn't even get the cable back on the clutch fork. I struggled with that for a while before I realized what I was doing wrong. Anyway... Thanks for all the help everyone! Now I know I can see my car's full potential at the track tomorrow. :burnout:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Great Job Done.

By the way how many hours did it take? I know what ur talking about the Clutch engaging to early. I cant shift fast enough to chirp 2nd let alone 3rd.

Users who are viewing this thread