clutch ?

bender460

Established Member
I just had a Spec stage 3 clutch and flywheel installed by the dealership (with new motor install, the tick was bad cylinder wall to piston clearance):-D Anyways I think the mechanic goofed up on the clutch. I can not keep tension on the cable without riding the throwout bearing. Is there a spring on the clutch fork for that?? Any help would be great. I do have an adustable clutch quadrant.

Last edited:

CobraTone

Established Member
Bender, sorry I can't answer your question. You said you had a brand new motor installed for the tick? They are doing a head swap for mine.

davidmax

Established Member
We have had problems with Spec,LPE,Z06 modde clutch and on the 03' Cobra I'm usinga a 10% srett street 90% strip that takke all my body weght to actuate the unit but its free and I will have results in 4 weeks,
Spec was my favorite but the stage 3 is way to light and will slip at 849 flywheel hp and 765 rrwhp.We may check out clutchmasters 3+70% strip and 30% street which still takes an amazing ammount if resistance.
If we need to reoort back on Clutch Masters we will try all until we find the unit that functtions well and handle all the tqe. at therear wheels.
Wish us luck the unit in the Cobra is good to 1200+ rrwwtqe,and a 1000 rrwhp,so that gives us plenty of room to work with.Idont recall hearing of the brand I only remember its far more than adequate at all rpm rages on the stand alone Gen.7 engine mgmt. system,
Wish me luck Dave S.

bender460

Established Member
Yes Cobra, a new motor. The tick was really more like a nock and turned out to be piston slap #7 cylinder.

trey193

Established Member
Did your car have the knock sound from the clearance issues only when cold in the morning or did it start doing it all the time?

tommygun

Established Member
are you just hearing the TB just a tiny bit, if so my new clutch did that also till I got some miles on it. I also turned my firewall adjuster just a few turns and it helped some.

bender460

Established Member
It stated knocking only when cold bout 800 miles. Then got worse and could here it when worm (not as bad as cold). Motor was replaced at 9200miles.

trey193

Established Member
Mine has the cold start knock sound as well when cold, when warm I hear nothing no tick knock or anything, would you take it in or do the majority of them knock when cold???

Users who are viewing this thread