Cobra brakes froze at sotp signal-

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
When out to get the morning paper and some coffee then about a mile from my house at a sotp signal I get on the brakes to sotp the car as I put it in first gear to continue I feel a drag, like if I am stepping on the brakes, now the car stalls then I restart it again but no go, the brake pedal feels very hard and there is no play in it; well I have to drag the car home about half mile with the front brakes smoking all the way there. I just makes no sense why the brakes lock like that with 4200 miles on the clock, all I can think is maybe the master cylinder being gone.
I just cant think of anything else that might have cause this, I just hate to work on brakes but any suggestions will be apreciated. Thanks:mj:

Juiced-03

Established Member
Is the ABS light on? Low fluid? My fluid was EXTREMELY low from the factory. Probably wont make a difference in your situation. Thats really odd though, I would like to know what caused this in case it happens to me!

99cobraclone

Established Member
Originally posted by Juiced-03
Is the ABS light on? Low fluid? My fluid was EXTREMELY low from the factory. Probably wont make a difference in your situation. Thats really odd though, I would like to know what caused this in case it happens to me!

as would I, subscribing...

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
There is no abs lights on and the fluid level is normal, this is very weird, the brake pedal feels very hard when press; the only thing I had done so far is to loose on of the master cylinders relieve pressure screw and let some fluid out and now the feel of the brake pedal is soft. Now I will have to bleed the brakes and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread