Cobra club Gingermann track day.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Some of you may have seen Dean and I referr to this event, but I wanted to post the details and invite everyone to come.

The SCMC(SVT Cobra Mustang Club) is having a track day with instructors available at Gingermann raceway in Michigan on October 27.

We have 50 spots to fill and would like it to be full of Cobra's. Otherwise it will be opened up as we get closer.

Here is a link to the site with the info, scroll down twards the bottom and get all the details.
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/mainpage.html

If you have any questions feel free to ask Dean or I.

Brian

ps. We have a new bulletin board you may want to stop and take a look at. We even have a R section with Dean being the Moderator and me the Moderator of the Lightning section. Stop in and say hi. http://www.svtcobraclub.com/svtbbs/index.php

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
We have 50 spots to fill and would like it to be full of Cobra's. Otherwise it will be opened up as we get closer.

If you drive something with 4 wheels, you are more than welcome. Anyone can register now and reserve your spot. The quicker we can get the 50 spots filled, the happier I'll be.

Here is the website of the track. www.gingermanraceway.com

I've been to the track and it is perfect for the first timers. I'm not saying that the track isn't difficult but there is a lot of run off room and nothing to hit. So if you screw up a little, no problem.

What would be really cool would to get a bunch of Lightnings out there. With some of the tight turns, the torque boys could really get off the corners. How about it Lightning boys?

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
I guess I've never really considered myself lucky to live in this part of the country but we do have a lot of tracks in the area. Within 6 hours from me I have:

Road America
Blackhawk Farms
Gingerman
Grattan
Waterford Hills
Nelson Ledges
Mid Ohio
Putnam Park

If you had the money, you could run about every weekend. Come on Lottery! ;o)

Sorry Kevin, I know that didn't make you feel any better. You just have to think of the 3 great days we will have at RA. :eek:D

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Just wanted to bring this back to the top. Some of you guys showed a little interest in going to this event. Well we are only a month away and we still have spots to fill.

I don't care what you drive, just join us and have a blast. There are going to be quite a few track virgins there so don't be bashful. We are grouping people together with similar driving experience and skill.

The SCMC has a hotel set up so you will get a discount rate and we are also providing lunch on Saturday for all the drivers.

If you've ever thought about trying open tracking, this is the time.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
i only have one thing to say.....you suck! we need tracks like that in jersey.....we're (nj chapter of the svtoa) looking into pocono for next year.....

Andy M

Established Member
Some of you may have seen Dean and I referr to this event, but I wanted to post the details and invite everyone to come.

The SCMC(SVT Cobra Mustang Club) is having a track day with instructors available at Gingermann raceway in Michigan on October 27.

Here is a link to the site with the info, scroll down twards the bottom and get all the details.
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/mainpage.html

If you have any questions feel free to ask Dean or I.

Brian

ps. We have a new bulletin board you may want to stop and take a look at. We even have a R section with Dean being the Moderator and me the Moderator of the Lightning section. Stop in and say hi. http://www.svtcobraclub.com/svtbbs/index.php
Man, I wish these tracks were closer to Houston?? and, "No, I am not moving up North!" I just wish I could participate in some of these fun events?... :((

kevin

Re: Re: Cobra club Gingermann track day.

Originally posted by Andy M
Man, I wish these tracks were closer to Houston?? and, "No, I am not moving up North!" I just wish I could participate in some of these fun events?... :((

next year, first weekend in oct (usually), ft. worth area, joe and i already are.:D

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by kevin

paitently waiting:r: (arms crossed, left foot tapping floor, one eye brow raised, pursed lips):D :D :D :D

LMAO, I can picture that for some odd reason.:r:

kevin

Would you be up for it, Old man????? :007:: Woops, I mean Kevin?

i'm up for anything. (just give me time to roll out of bed, claw my way up to my feet, grab my walker, and use the puppet strings to move my feet one at a time).:rolling: :rolling: :shocked:

Cobra-R

Established Member

i'm up for anything. (just give me time to roll out of bed, claw my way up to my feet, grab my walker, and use the puppet strings to move my feet one at a time).:rolling: :rolling: :shocked:

Get ready, then. :)

Cobra-R

Established Member

seriously. i just need a date asap so i can put it on the calender.

Kevin,
You have mail. :)

To all: Dean and I are trying to set up a club event for next year. When we get the dates confirmed, we will make an announcement to all and encourage everyone to come. Untill then, just bear with us.

Thanks, Brian

Users who are viewing this thread