Cobra Didn't want to start this morning...

slow_rider

Established Member
Need some help trying to figure out what is going on. I have had my 97 cobra for about 3 months now and have had no functionality problems with it... This morning I go out and it justs cranks. No fire. No sound of wanting to turn over. I cranked it for about a total of 3-4 min in 15-20 sec intervals. It would not start. i had half a tank of gas so that was not the problem. I then went in an called work to say I would be late. Went back out and cranked some more and decided to tap the gas pedal a few times.. and after a few taps it started. I do not know where to start to even look. I was thinking maybe my fuel filter.... car has 70k miles on it.

any suggestions where to start? also no check engine light on.

thanks.

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
I agree start with changing the filter never a bad idea and it is cheap. Also make sure the connecitons are nice and tight on your coil packs. Does it surge at all?

slow_rider

Established Member
It doesn't surge but I have noticed at higher rpms that it seems to 'shake' a little. It still seems to accelerate fine but a buddy of mine also noticed it. Surging at an idle.. no it does not.

The fuel filter is easy to change right? I heard that it is back by the rear pumpkin.. true?

thanks

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Yep, give the fuel filter a try. Cheap, easy to replace. You'll need the little plastic tool that releases the "quick connect" on there. Grab it all at the local parts house.

Users who are viewing this thread