Cobra Jet Intake

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
So there is probably already a thread but I am curious to find information on this intake. The intake retails around $800 and requires the use of a gt500 style throttle body. My question revolves around a few specs that I can't find on line that include intake height, intake airflow cfm, wiring changes to accept the GT500 style throttle body, or an intake tube that will mate up to the GT500 style throttle body and still work with my existing jlt mass air tube. Also there are no dyno numbers to justifying this intake over the boss. Anyone out there with some real info not opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

wormriddle

Established Member
All I know is that the air intake for it won't be out til 3rd quarter of this year. Ford has a install manual showing everything for putting it on a GT and a Boss. I read it the other day and it should answer some of your questions. As far as physical characteristics and flow numbers, not sure. But if you're going FI then a Boss intake will be more than sufficient IMO.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Thank for the reply

All I know is that the air intake for it won't be out til 3rd quarter of this year. Ford has a install manual showing everything for putting it on a GT and a Boss. I read it the other day and it should answer some of your questions. As far as physical characteristics and flow numbers, not sure. But if you're going FI then a Boss intake will be more than sufficient IMO.
Thanks do you have the link for the ford install manual. thanks again.

sneaky94cobra

Established Member

vfast

Established Member
wondering why you would wast 8 bills on this intake?

sneaky94cobra

Established Member
Well couple of reasons

I plan on going all out N/A. I plan on building the motor after it grenades or before (depends on money). And from all the testing it is a much better manifold then the boss intake. Sure you could spend the money on a nitrous kit or cams but I think it would be neat to go 10's with a street car on drag radials with just a bolt on car. It's also a pretty good feeling telling a chevy guy that the car just has bolt ons after you rape his built stroker LS series motor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread