"COBRA" steering wheeL?

xason

10 seconds isn't cheap
Established Member
My cobra doesn't have the "COBRA" letter steering wheel, it has the Horse. I don't like it and I'm looking to purchase the "COBRA" one, where can I get this at for a reasonable price? Thanks.

xason

10 seconds isn't cheap
Established Member
03 cobra, for some reason it has the Horse logo on the horn part, usually it would just say "COBRA" which is what i'm looking for.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
xason said:
03 cobra, for some reason it has the Horse logo on the horn part, usually it would just say "COBRA" which is what i'm looking for.
Damn, thats kinda weird bro! Are you SURE it's a Cobra and not a conversion? Does it have a Y vin #? That's weird! :shrug:

NC03BlkSnake

Learn to Swim
Established Member
Did you buy it used or new? The reason I'm asking is that I bought a 98GT used off the lot and it had a Cobra Air Bag in the steering wheel. Dealer told me it was installed wrong at the factory. Come to find out the car had been in one heck of a fender bender and the air bags deployed, they replaced it with the cobra air bag.

Old Stang

Established Member
Cobra Steering Wheel

I bought my 03 brand new in Nov 03 and it had the running pony wheel on it. The wheel cover contains the air bag, so I would assume it would be expensive. I pointed it out to the dealer I bought it from and they ordered a new Cobra cover and replaced it for free.

halo

Outta my way!!!
Established Member
If you bought it new, that's something that should be fixed on Ford's dime. Otherwise, I'm like the other guys and think the original was deployed.

4.6speed

Established Member
Yup I agree with evryone else, if you bought it used it might have been in a wreck and they did not tell you about it (that would suck). If you bought it new it was probably an assembly line mistake (it happens all the time) and ford should make it right for you.

xason

10 seconds isn't cheap
Established Member
wow guys i'm shocked, I never thought of it like that, maybe I can run a carfax on the VIN to see for sure? I did buy it used, it had 16,000 on the odometer and if it was in a wreck I'll be pissed because I paid $35k before taxes for it to the dealer. it was bone stock and it looked in perfect condition there wasn't a scratch on the body or anything the only difference is that damn horse on the wheel, but I guess it makes sense that the airbags deployed so they replaced it but why would they replace it with the wrong one instead of the original cobra?

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
xason said:
wow guys i'm shocked, I never thought of it like that, maybe I can run a carfax on the VIN to see for sure? I did buy it used, it had 16,000 on the odometer and if it was in a wreck I'll be pissed because I paid $35k before taxes for it to the dealer. it was bone stock and it looked in perfect condition there wasn't a scratch on the body or anything the only difference is that damn horse on the wheel, but I guess it makes sense that the airbags deployed so they replaced it but why would they replace it with the wrong one instead of the original cobra?

Why in hell would you pay $35k for a used Cobra w/16,000 miles? You could have bought a new one for LESS than that! :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread