Cobra trim parts

DamageInc

Banned
Im looking for some things to waste some cash on, a cobra grille emblem, and some billet interior parts like the door lock pins, a/c knobs, and probably a billet trim ring around the shifter like the bullitts. Does anyone have any reccomendations on a company that has good prices and good service with timely delivery for most if not all of the parts im looking for?

DamageInc

Banned
Thanks for the reply, I was on their website last night and found their emblem, they say its the best, its metal not plastic, the only thing I saw is that the snake appears to be different than what is on the fenders, must be slightly different to get around licensing fees from ford or something.

fangstang

Established Member
Dont even waste your money on fancy pieces. Just slowly upgrade the important things like gears, shifter, exhaust, etc.....
You know, the good stuff! Leave all that stuff for the women!

sssSnake 01

Established Member
It is your road warrior and part of what makes it fun is customizing it the way you like it.

Its your car dude....do whatever makes you happy.

Styling is important too.

Make it yours and drive it like you stole it!!!

fangstang

Established Member
I think subtle appearence upgrades are good( wing, wheels,hood.) But I think our main focus should be performance since our cars already look great. Plus the fact of lookin stock when you might be carryin a 500 hp supercharged and intercooled engine could make the guy in that ZO6 think hes gonna spank you until you pass by him doin 150.
You ever hear the sayin "looks may be decieving", thats exactly what Im talkin about!

sssSnake 01

Established Member
Fangstang,

For what it is worth I really agree with you. The only visible mod to my car is the Light Bar and a metal Cobra hood emblem.

Other than that I have chosen to look stock. To me the appeal of rolling up to a Camaro SS or a WS6 and not intimidating them makes the look on their face when you wax them all the more enjoyable.

However, I think each owner should do whatever makes their car exactly what they want it to be.

In my case I have seen a lot of the dealerships with the Classic Designs Light Bars installed on thier showroom cars. I bought mine and added it myself and paid less than half the dealership markup.

The light bar really does look slick on my performance red 01 Cobra.

I am happy to say the only race I have been beaten in was by another mustang. A real sleeper. It was a late 80s model LX with a 5.0. Black with tinted windows. I noticed the suspension mods as I pulled in behind him.

I was able to close on him quickly in acceleration games. I think I talked that guy right out of a shot of NOS. I was closing on him in the upper RPM range of the power band and all of a sudden he found some help. At least it wasn't a GM LOL.

DamageInc

Banned
Edited by DamageInc

Anyways, instead of buying that Cobra grille emblem I made my own out of a fender emblem off my brothers wrecked 99 Cobra and used the factory horse bracket off my car. A little cutting on the factory bracket with the die grinder, attaching the Cobra to the bracket with some epoxy resin and many coats of gloss black paint and clear coat on the bracket and I have a factory looking emblem. Probably would of been easier to spend the 40 bucks on the mustangparts emblem but I knew I could build my own better than one I purchased.

CbrCpe, MGW is definitely one of the best metal machinists out there, I have a couple Ruger pistols with MGW scope rail mounts, they are by far the best quality mounts I have seen. I'm sure their automotive accesories are just as good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread