Convert Your Base 4.2-inch Screen to the Premium 8-inch Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
A new product debuted at SEMA this year that should make it a lot easier for base S550 Mustang owners to upgrade their cars to the premium 8-inch touch screen. AAMP of America has come up with this kit that has everything you need to do the swap. At $1200 retail it is a bit on the expensive side, but it may be something to look into if you want to upgrade your interior.

SEMA_2015_Day_1_0019.jpg

thehunterooo

Established Member
That probably would have added a lot of expense.

Yeah :( , the toggle switches was the only thing I wanted from the premium, someone has been trying to make some that work with the base setup but I really like the OEM setup. Would be cool to somehow get the premium stack to work with the base but there are too many things that are different.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah :( , the toggle switches was the only thing I wanted from the premium, someone has been trying to make some that work with the base setup but I really like the OEM setup. Would be cool to somehow get the premium stack to work with the base but there are too many things that are different.

...same here. I like the switches too much to get the base model.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

Give Rehagen Racing a call. They do stuff like that all the time.

D.Brown

Established Member
I guess I'm the only one that cares about having a usable screen. I could give two shits about what turns my traction control on and off haha.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
No clue, but I did have a chance to play with Sync 3 a bit yesterday and it is great. Huge improvement over the old system.

RSKtakR

Established Member
I was talking to the guy that sold the screen/kit to the guy that did the write up on mustang6g. Based on what he had told me, I think I will be holding off for a better option. He said:

The bugs in the system drove me crazy. Chinese sync, time, temp in celsius, distance in kilometers, etc. I never played music through bluetooth, I had all of my music on USB. All of the USB menus were in chinese so navigating through the songs was horrible unless you just hit the next track button on the steering wheel.
Navigation was pretty good. The only complaint about nav was that it would cut off the first few words of the voice directions sometimes and the steering wheel controls for music had a couple of second lag while using nav.

thehunterooo

Established Member
They have Chinese kits on ebay now, might be the same thing if that is the case :(

For that price I would except something VERY close to OEM though, not the $400 ebay kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread