Corvette C6 video review

Astrocoop

Established Member
Put me behind the wheels and I'd whip those panzy's in that drag race. As far as the track goes, I would of seen better driving from my wife. That TVR must be an 11 second car, NOT! Getting BEAT by an NSX? I'd take one in my Mach.

Last edited:

Lowflight

Established Member
Originally posted by Gino
why can't they make their own unique supercar instead of whoring off of another platform like they do with everything else? I don't need to remind everyone of the Toyota Echo do I (don't flame me, its a fact)? thats what I don't understand, they sure as hell have the financial resources to do it...

:??:

I have the last attempt by GM to "whore the platform" I kinda like it....

Lowflight

Established Member
Originally posted by Gino
why can't they make their own unique supercar instead of whoring off of another platform like they do with everything else? I don't need to remind everyone of the Toyota Echo do I (don't flame me, its a fact)? thats what I don't understand, they sure as hell have the financial resources to do it...

:??:

Koolaid_Guy

Originally posted by xilix
That lap was BULLSHIT. Put an experienced american behind the wheel of that car and the stig would probably be embarrassed.

Thier pretty hard to find, anyone from car and driver and the rest of the mag over here couldn't drive to save thier life. They all suck, thier use to driving kick ass cars on top gear not corvette's. I am not a huge corvette fan but it should of done better. Look at the cars they drive, car andd river stinks like ass compared to top gear. The vette is the rubbermaid machine inside lol interior reaks, i know i been in one. SSR is garbage no matter the engine :rolling: Thre stig can drive i seen alot of top gear episodes find an american from a diff mag who can drive like him and i would eat my shoe :lol:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
hmm.... he had a problem with his little leggy hurting from the clutch, and his poor shoulder hurt when he shifted gears... I guess fitness isn't much of a priority in the land of the britts... I think the car is badass, looks are a little getting used to but if I wasn't in a stang, I would be in a vette... and gee, putting that f@g britt behind the wheel of a vette to test it didn't help the comparison out...

Last edited:

KillrCobra

Established Member
WTF? Someone go buy that *** a purse and throw him behind the wheel of a Boxster. What a homo.

fatcobra

Established Member
guys you must remember that the cars over there arent the same as the ones here, emissions kill our cars. The NSX puts out alot more power in euro and jap form then in american form. Now I have to say the drag race really didnt prove anything because the guy even said it was weird driving a left hand drive car. Now the Stig is a good driver, and it is a fair test since he drove all the cars on the list, not a manufactures choice of who they want to drive the car. Now the colonies crack, if you heard wasnt just aimed at us, he mention australia also, which they tested the Morano (GTO). I must say though, for the base vette to do that good in the testing, that the upper packages are going to be awsome. Would be nice for them to test a z06 when it comes out.

Also was very nice that Chevy let them test the car, goes to show that they are really trying to market the car everywhere, and make it even a bigger success then the C5.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I was wondering about the emissions controls on the vette. It is probably true that most of the cars in the test would not run near as good if they were purchased in the States. Also, if they test the Z06 which will be still less expensive than the 911 it will smoke some ass!

Livinsvt

Established Member
Originally posted by Nobody
The C6 ZO6 has been said to have 500hp by GM. It's getting a 7.0L engine. The "blue devil" is also getting the 427....only with a blower. It's the Ford GT fighter.

And yes Havoc, I agree :rockon:

Partialy right, won't hit the 500hp mark and will still weigh about the same as a c5 z06;-)

scraggsds

Seemed to me, and let me say that Im not expert by any means but he was OVER driving the car, I can understand the oversteer in the first curve but after that you know about how far you can push the car, but he kept pushing it past the limits which we all know slows a car down. And who said give him a purse and put him behind the wheel of a Boxster, haha LMAO. All they wanna do is make fun of americans and make us look bad b/c they know they are inferior to us.

LX/GTX

Established Member
What BS! Davy Jones and his over dramatic reactions. Funny the track driver looked like he was shifting without effort. I work for GM and have driven the C6. I know this, my Stang runs low 13s and the Vette is faster without a doubt! Can't compare it to the other test cars but I can to my own. Wait until the C6-Z06 hits the streets. By-by Britt's (as usual).

RYU583

HADOOOUKENNN
Established Member
z06 will own....but I hope they test it.....
oh and to whoever said the stig cant drive...???
are you serius? ......he/she's a pro and has whipped all those cars like it aint no thang.....
the vette did pretty well considering they test cars like Evo's, Noble's, ferrari's, lambo's, and lotus's .....

they also had the Holden Monaro on it.....they loved it but no track time

Masstang

Established Member
It is to bad they had to throw politics into there review of a car.Some day europeans will be looking for our support,I hope we tell them to suck it.I think the c6 is a sweet car,those *** europeans cant appreciate a car unless it has burled walnut dash,and calfskin seats,Maybe GM should make european version of the Vette with pussified dash and caress your tender fu**ing hands steering wheel,and shifter,call it La Corvietes and raise the price to about $150,000:cuss: :fm:

Users who are viewing this thread