Could someone explain my Ford Warranty?

Godspeed409

Established Member
I dont plan to modify the Focus, anymore than a K&N and removing the air silencer, just because i dont want to void the warranty, although i will ask my dealer about Modifications when i pick up the car monday.

Could someone simplify the ford warranty? Whats covered and whats not?

Lets say that a rock hits my hood and chips the paint... is it covered?

What about oil and maintainence? Do i have to bring it to the ford dealership for oil changes? or can i change it myself? Does the Type of oil matter? will it void my warranty if i use synthedic once the cars over 10,000 miles?

Ive never had a car with a warranty before, so i have no idea how they work... could someone explain it to me? thanks.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by Godspeed409
I dont plan to modify the Focus, anymore than a K&N and removing the air silencer, just because i dont want to void the warranty, although i will ask my dealer about Modifications when i pick up the car monday.

Could someone simplify the ford warranty? Whats covered and whats not?

Lets say that a rock hits my hood and chips the paint... is it covered?

What about oil and maintainence? Do i have to bring it to the ford dealership for oil changes? or can i change it myself? Does the Type of oil matter? will it void my warranty if i use synthedic once the cars over 10,000 miles?

Ive never had a car with a warranty before, so i have no idea how they work... could someone explain it to me? thanks.

Simply put you have a warranty that covers as the parts of the vehicle for a set period of time/miles whichever comes first.

The warranty is for defects of parts or labor, but does not include items of normal wear and tear, such as wiper blades, head light bulbs, oil filters, tires, etc. Unless there is an inherent flaw in those items that is documented.

Paint is covered against manufacturer defect, a rock chipping your paint is not a manufacturers defect.

Parts of your warranty can be voided if you do not follow the regular maintenance schedule or if you modify a system and that modification leads to failure of a normally covered item.

Yes you can do your own oil changes, but you should keep a maintenance log and write in it what you did and when as well as keep receipts of the purchased items(oil, filter, etc) You also need to follow their recommendations for oil type and weight. I am sure a quality synthetic oil is fine.

But as Teamleader suggested, please read your warranty for complete details.

Hope this helps.

MayorofTrukvile

Established Member
Re: Re: Could someone explain my Ford Warranty?

Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Simply put you have a warranty that covers as the parts of the vehicle for a set period of time/miles whichever comes first.

The warranty is for defects of parts or labor, but does not include items of normal wear and tear, such as wiper blades, head light bulbs, oil filters, tires, etc. Unless there is an inherent flaw in those items that is documented.

Headlamps and other lights are covered under warrnty Ford has replace alot of them for me Clutchs, and brake shoes are exempt from warranty

Yes you can do your own oil changes, but you should keep a maintenance log and write in it what you did and when as well as keep receipts of the purchased items(oil, filter, etc) You also need to follow their recommendations for oil type and weight. I am sure a quality synthetic oil is fine.

The only downside of using non-Motorcraft oil and filter is, if you did loss the engine alot of the shop foremans will blame it on the oil and filter, I use a diffrent brand of oil and a total diffrent oil filter than factory used, (it gives me more capacity and filtering) but I talked to the shop foreman and told me there would be no problems with the warrnaty at that dealership

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
I work in sales in a dealership and im tryin to get a svt focus witht the euro package right now, all i know is im gonna supercharge it as soon as its broken in.......warranty-schmaranty WOOHHOO :burnout:

svt-tmleader

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinB120
I work in sales in a dealership and im tryin to get a svt focus witht the euro package right now, all i know is im gonna supercharge it as soon as its broken in.......warranty-schmaranty WOOHHOO :burnout:

Which color are you gonna get, yellow or orange? I saw them at the SVT Dealer meetings last April. Pretty nice! :thumbsup:

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
If you do your own oil changes...keep the receipts. Avoid bulk buying of oil change materials too. If you have a receipt for 20 quarts of oil Ford may question it. They are really watching this High Performance stuff very close now.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
I believe the svt focus euro comes in 5 colors, but the orange has caught my fancy. we have yet to get one in tho, im gonna check into it since we have 2 cobras in stock, 2 on order and 4 "standard" svt focus's on order now. The only thing else i was considering is having our buyer get me a low millage 94 miata. I used to have one with a supercharger, and a couple of my buddies had them with the 5.0 "monster" conversion....im now checking into anyone who might have been able to convert one to use the 4.6:D. Since the weather is doo doo right now, i havent been in too much of a rush just yet :rolleyes: but im dyin to get somethin slick by april

svt-tmleader

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinB120
I believe the svt focus euro comes in 5 colors, but the orange has caught my fancy. we have yet to get one in tho, im gonna check into it since we have 2 cobras in stock, 2 on order and 4 "standard" svt focus's on order now. The only thing else i was considering is having our buyer get me a low millage 94 miata. I used to have one with a supercharger, and a couple of my buddies had them with the 5.0 "monster" conversion....im now checking into anyone who might have been able to convert one to use the 4.6:D. Since the weather is doo doo right now, i havent been in too much of a rush just yet :rolleyes: but im dyin to get somethin slick by april

Not to keep going off topic, but the Euro Edition is only available in the "Screaming Yellow" or "Competition Orange". The SVT Focus (reg) is available in Sonic blue, Silver, Red, or Black.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Yea, it was definately the svt "poster car" orange one that caught my eye, i was all reved up on another project miata 'till i actually drove the focus svt's when i started working at the dealer 2 months ago.. damn im gonna find out what the deal is with em first thing in the morning. this is gonna be my only toy untill 05, so i just want something zippy for not too much bling, the focus is the best thing for under 20k out there..........whoops, sorry...........CHANGE YOUR OIL EVERY 3000 MILES :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread