couple of Q's on Superchargers

fmhscopeland1

Established Member
ok which one would be better the D-1sc or the P-1sc from Procharger? I have a 2001 Cobra and i now that i will have to get Forged Camshaft, Rods,Pistons,Gaskets and possibly heads but im not exactly sure. and well i think that with 10 psi on the P-1sc i can make anywhere from 400-500 rwhp. I was thinking that that is good for a daily driver and some track time but more would be better. so if i go with the D-1sc how much boost would i like to run along with do i have to forge or prep the engine anymore with the bigger D series? Plus i have been trying to figure out what size tb i should upgrade to. and do i want a "twin" one? So right now i now i will need 42lb injectors, tb and what else??? i know that i am missing something. So it would be appreciated if someone would list the complete list of that i will need to run safely with either a P-1sc or the D-1sc. thanks also what kinda rwhp #'s will i be seeing? Along with exhaust,spacers and the power pipe i think that it is called for the Procharger for a lil more boost. Thank You Also i thought of a way to add more power. would NOS be a good idea or would it be insane. also just outta curiousity what is better for a blown setup like im talking about, wet or dry? and how much shot? like 50 or whatever. and does that # mean how much i can use it? 50 times? or is that the hp rating? im so lost as far as the whole NOS thing. well thats it sorry its so long.

Last edited:

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
:shrug: Think you need to break this down some more, I got a headache trying to even comprehend the question/s.

ForceInjection

Established Member
The P1SC will work well for your application. Usually the D1SC is good for engines that have a good flow rate. So if you stoked out your engine, have cams, larger heads, the D1SC is a good choice. At 10 psi you should see around 65%-75% more HP. Usually a stock bottom end you only want to go around 8psi.

42lb injectors will work perfectly for your application, and you may want to recalibrate the mass air too your injector size. The TB is not needed, but when looking for HP, it is good to have. You can run NOS with it, but why would you want to if you can just run more boost. If your seriously looking into NOS and s/c go with a wet setup, and make sure you tune your car.

Hope this helps you out a little.

Evil SS

Established Member
Im running a d1sc on my Camaro. I want to switch to a F1 There good to about mid 700 RWHP with a really good set up and a good tune. They move tons of air.

Users who are viewing this thread