Established Member
Cam duration is different!
302 - 13 mm lift and 290 deg duration
302R - 13 mm lift and 263 deg duration

FlashNinja11

Pipe Dream King
Established Member
Thanks!

From a guy who isn't that well versed on the internals, what difference will the extra 27 degrees of duration? If I was to change the exhaust cams, should I buy the 302 or save myself some money and buy the 302R cams?

pufferfish

Established Member
actually, the boss r cams are the factory ford boss 302 cams. the expensive ones are the cj cams.

and you can't change to either cam on gt heads, as they can't support the 13mm lift without some sort of grinding on the heads.

Last edited:

FlashNinja11

Pipe Dream King
Established Member
So do you suggest doing some head work and the whole nine yards with porting and polishing or just swap to new heads?

pufferfish

Established Member
i have no idea what you are looking to accomplish, but looking at a set of exhaust cams is a far cry from p&p heads or new boss heads.

so what are your goals?

FlashNinja11

Pipe Dream King
Established Member
Naturally aspirated for another year or so and then VMP 2.3 TVS. Daily Driver/weekend warrior.

belfordp

Established Member
You are incorrect.
Actually, they do fit. I asked MMR about the fitment. This is their response,

"There is no truth to this, we have installed many of these cams in stock GT heads so there is no need to worry, the are referring to the lifter bore casting but they are already clearanced, even on stock GT heads, and not a problem on the exhaust cams either way..."

actually, the boss r cams are the factory ford boss 302 cams. the expensive ones are the cj cams.

and you can't change to either cam on gt heads, as they can't support the 13mm lift without some sort of grinding on the heads.

Users who are viewing this thread