Coyote Power Steering

migg400

Established Member
Has anyone used an 03-04 Power Steering pump on a Coyote swap without using a $500 bracket?? I am putting a Coyote into my 67 Fastback and want to run Hydroboost and Power Steering. I have a complete Hydroboost setup and want to know if the pump works on this engine so that I can use reservoir, lines, etc...

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Has anyone used an 03-04 Power Steering pump on a Coyote swap without using a $500 bracket?? I am putting a Coyote into my 67 Fastback and want to run Hydroboost and Power Steering. I have a complete Hydroboost setup and want to know if the pump works on this engine so that I can use reservoir, lines, etc...

It doesn't just bolt on if that's what you're asking. S&R Performance makes a kit that relocates the alternator and allows mounting of a PS pump in that spot.

Here is a link to 5.0 Mags article on it:

The Coyote Cobra now has power steering and power brakes. | Miscellaneous Blog & Discussions at 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords Magazine

Mystic_Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for posting that link. I've been looking for that article. I'm just starting my project.

Migg- what did you end up doing? I want to keep PS in the same location and put the alternator down low on the pass side.

rktsci25

Established Member
Well... if either of you decide that you want to go the S&R route let me know. I'm 95% certain mine is about to come off as I put in my TVS and electronic power steering setup, and will make good deal on it.

From a personal standpoint if I was going to fab my own bracket for these I would make a bracket that sits around the alternator and mounts the p/s below the alternator driver side so that you could still have a/c if desired. It really wouldn't be that hard to fab one up yourself to mount where the stock a/c goes.

migg400

Established Member
I am also gonna need something that will work with my Whipple drive set-up.

rktsci25

Established Member
Same here. That's why I am going electronic. From having mine in the car and all, I really only see 4 options (3 of which are reasonable:

A) Not have a/c and put p/s pump there with alternator in same place
B) Make a new bracket to put p/s below alternator ( I wouldn't keep a/c and put it below on the p/s so it's not on the same belt as blower
C) Join me in the electronic power steering adventure. (It's a dodge pump, wiring is actually really really really simple, just have to make a bracket for where you want to mount it.)

OR

D) Get really *explative* creative and find a way to reverse mount the alternator like in the S&R kit using the alternator pulley in lieu of one of the idler pulleys. This will leave you with the dilemma of when you want to change a belt, it'll take you an hour and going 10 rib...

I am also gonna need something that will work with my Whipple drive set-up.

rktsci25

Established Member
Has anybody looked into using EPAS? The harness already has the connector. I know it won't fit in my dash, but on a 67 it might fit.

migg400

Established Member
I know I'm late posting this! I looked into EPAS, but ended up fabbing my own bracket! Worked out good for me...

XW Coyote

Established Member
Sean Hyland make a hydraulic PS set up that can be used with SC applications. It leaves the AC and Alternator in original position cost around $600

Mystic_Cobra

Established Member
I used the Power By The Hour kit above (bought direct-nice bunch of guys) and had no issues. I reused my stock alternator, hydroboost, lines, PS pump, AC eliminator pulley, etc. I have an under drive PS pulley and it is VERY close to the radiator hose.

migg400

Established Member
This is what I ended up with! Coyote steering.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread