Crankcase Ventilation with FI Setups

BV600

Established Member
What are you guys running? I knoticed on my Procharger instructions it blocks off the passenger PCV Hose, I already have a JLT Catch Can so Im going to leave it. Also want to run some sort of breather. Does anyone know where I can find something like this, Dont think it would fit a Coyote.
Valve20Cover20Breather2.gif

Had 2 Catch Cans and a Breather on my GTO
dsc01677.jpg

Checked my JLT Catch Can with 2700miles and it has about 2-3 TableSpoons in it, had it on since 100miles

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
If you are talking about the catch can for the passenger side from the intake manifold to the valve cover, you CAN NOT leave that on with the ProCharger setup. The reason they have you block those off is because when you are in boost, the boost pressure would "leak" from the manifold into the valve cover, pressurizing the crankcase, which you really dont want.

BV600

Established Member
Doesnt the PCV vent air from the Head back to the manifold? Im not seeing how it would affect boost, as far as Crankcase pressure that is why im thinking about running a Filter on the oil cap
Also Chuck on the Boss in your link did the Procharger Race BOV Connect to the Flange already on the piping or was a new one welded on?

Last edited:

BV600

Established Member
Anybody else?
Also found these so I can run a valve cover breather off the oil cap location. I bought one will throw it on and take some pictures when it gets here
MBR0005-10AN-1-1.gif

MBR0005-10AN-3.gif

MBR0005.gif

Turbo900rr

Established Member
I'm running a 5/8 heater hose out of the pass side to a 5/8 T on the drivers side and from the T to a separator and finally to the intake tube on the procharger.

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
Jpc sales breather filters that go on the valve covers so you can keep your oil cap

Users who are viewing this thread