Crazy Dealerships!!!!

OneBadZ06

Established Member
Hello,

New to forum. My last pick-up was a 1998 Dodge Dakota Club Cab with a V8. Great truck and I still miss her.

When I saw the first pics of the Raptor I fell in love. Kinda ironic that the Blue Raptor is almost the same color as my Blue Dakota was.

So, I have decided that bigger is better and will wait for the 6.2 engine option. But in the mean time, have started looking for the right local dealership.

Today at lunch I stoped by one. What jackoffs.

They had one black raptor on the lot. Of course they had to add all the Dealer crap, undercoating, etched glass etc, to add another $1k to the price.

However, the thing that made me just say WTF and walk out was the addition of a $5k "Market Value Adjustment" bump. :fm:

The final price out the door was $52k!!!!! :eek:

I have never paid more than $1k over invoice and any vehicle, including my 1999 Viper GTS and more recently, my 2008 Corvette Z06......

and I do not intent to start now.

This should be interesting. :beer:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It sounds like you know how to negotiate, so you dont need any advice. I will say stick to your guns these raptors can be ordered at 500 to 1k over invoice like you said. You can order the 6.2 now once you find a dealer.

I have always had better look with the small town family dealers when it comes to purchasing hot products. Good luck!:beer:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
My local ford dealer has been selling GT500's for $75000 and they priced the two KR's they had at $120k, so they are known for putting a huge markup on their cars.

When they had a Raptor out front, I had to go look at it. Other than optioning the car out with the interior package, sunroof and navigation, they didn't have any sort of markup on the truck. You can definitely get one for invoice.

snakecharmer

Established Member
Local stealership here as one with a 5K markup on it. Like anybody that has a lick of sense is going to pay 5K over for the underpowered 5.4 model when the 6.2 is coming out very shortly.

I've never paid over sticker and never will, and 2 dealerships have lost my business trying to pull that shit with me.

Defknotzero

Established Member
I hear ya. You know someone will pay that though. There is one by me (blue/black) and they want 15K over.

Atlantic Blue

Established Member
I saw one here in Denver, co. at a local dealer about 1 week ago that didn't have any dealer options added on, and was going for 38,989.00 out the door!

Users who are viewing this thread