Curious what you all choose for brake components

I_like_turtlez

Established Member
:unsure:

Have noticed some vibration & the random squeal when rolling to stops, the car exhaust is loud so the best I can tell it's coming from the right rear with the top down

Upon initial glance you can tell the rotor has bad hot spotting all the way around it, I suspect the caliper is sticking intermittently and that the inboard pad is borderline toasted; otherwise the slide pins might just need lubed

It's the original 98 calipers/brackets all around the car, it's 2024 and probably past time to simply replace the calipers

I found a "powerstop Z23" kit that comes with everything, even the brackets, powder-coated red which looks nice for $300

Not looking to spend a fortune on massive brakes but don't want bottom-tier house brand stuff either, you guys know more about SVT Cobras than I do, what say you?

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I have ats brembos up front and Taurus calipers in the rear with stock sized rotors. Works fine for what I use the car for and looks great. It'll cost you a bit over going with cobra calipers but not anywhere near the cost of an aftermarket big brake kit.

I_like_turtlez

Established Member
Interesting choices.. thanks for the ideas

I ended up replacing all of the rear components with some nice powder-coated parts, drilled-slotted bigger rotors etc

What a nightmare trying to get the air out, I pushed 5 quarts of fluid through the system and the air just wouldn't stop coming slowly but surely every few minutes, I must've spent 6+ hours per caliper and the pedal still isn't 100% firm

As a career mechanic I've probably replaced a hundred calipers and never had that problem, I swear SN95's have the weirdest quirks, we all know about the coolant bleeding too

Users who are viewing this thread