Dealer has mineral gray vert on lot & black coupe inbound

Blackcobra

Established Member
:fm: I ordered a black coupe from Ted Britt Ford (in Fairfax, VA only 20 minutes by cab from Washington National or VA Dulles airports) in mid-February and have been disappointed with the delays, including most recently being told my car had a 7/22 build date and should arrive "in August." On top of that, all the posts about problems with an expensive car has had me a bit concerned. Nonetheless, I called the dealership today to inquire and learned that moments earlier they had a deal fall through on a Mineral Gray 03 convertible Cobra sitting on the lot that just arrived (the original buyer got sticker shock when he saw the 38K MSRP). They said they would sell it to me for MSRP if I came right out. I went right out and saw a beautiful car still 100% wrapped in the shipping plastic and foam with 4 miles on the odometer. Couldn't ask for better shape or car in fresher condition.

However, long story short, I had a bad five-hour experience with the dealership people (not the car) and walked out at the dealership's 9pm closing tonight without the Mineral Gray vert and also having canceled my black couple order because I didn't want to give them my business. SO: (1) there is a PERFECT Mineral Gray vert with 4 miles on it sitting on their lot for someone who wants it... but this is a high volume dealer and there is no chance it will sit so call 1st thing in the a.m. with a credit card if you want it (trust me, if you want a Mineral Grey vert this one is mint... like it just rolled off the assembly line); and (2) assuming they don't actually cancel my black coupe order (and instead choose to receive this hot selling car), you can grab my 7/22 build car by calling Internet Sales Manager Joe Oddo and saying you understand a customer canceled his order last night and you want the car. Anyway, this whole experience broke my heart but between the unpleasant experience with the people and the disturbing posts about mechanical problems, I'm going to stay put with my GT for the time being. I figured someone out there should benefit from all this, however, so FYI.

C_Record

Established Member
>>but this is a high volume dealer and there is no chance it will sit<<
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I work across the street from Britt and dropped by there on Sunday afternoon and the mineral vert and a silver coupe probably arrived sometime on Sat. They already have another silver coupe and a blue vert that supposedly had buyers back out on that have been there a while(so far that make three of them buyers backed out on). They were originally asking $1000 over and I guess that's why they're still sitting there. It appears like they wised up and are going to let them go at sticker.

Rob03

Established Member
I'm not sure what your problem was and it's really not my business, but I was the first one to drive off the lot with an 03 from Ted Britt and I can say it was pleasant. I had no problems with anyone associated with the deal and I did get mine at MSRP. They initially wanted 500 over but I convinced them to do it at MSRP. They also gave me a 4yr 60K maint program free for being the first. I would recommend them anytime. rcogs is right, they are a high volume dealer. I will say that the only person to drive my car at the dealer was my salesperson and the one mechanic that is designated to work on the SVT vehicles. I was pleased with their overall professionalism.

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

C_Record

Established Member
Since the one I ordered from another dealer has a later build date than the one Blackcobra ordered, I called Joe Oddo at Britt. He wasn't aware that Blackcobra cancelled his. They have the mineral vert and one silver coupe left and are willing to sell at sticker. I'm getting mine for under, and wondered whether he'd match it and as I suspected he wouldn't. He was very nice though. Others I've talked to there have been pleasant as well.

Rob03

Established Member
I originally talked to Joe when I first went in to order the 03. I even gave him my deposit, but because I have worked with Carole Sarkuti in the past, she is the one that has handled my 03 purchase. She comes highly recommended from me. One note however. If you want fast service from her, it's best to work from email. Believe me you will get a quicker response. Never had a problem once I initiated her as to how Mustang owners prefer to be treated (the need for info is great). Another thing she did was to not put the dealer badge on at my request and she even told them to not put on the front license plate bracket until she spoke to me about it. She handled every detail personally and with great professionalism.

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

Users who are viewing this thread