Dealer to replace Passenger Side Halfshaft and Hub for Pop / Tink!

Hicompression

Hah!
Established Member
First of all, I would like to thank "flyn high again" and "Chicago Mike" for their help in pinpointing the cause of the pop/tink. I printed out the threads from this forum discussing the issue and faxed it to my SVT technician at the local dealership. He called SVT and they confirmed that halfshafts and hubs had been replaced to fix this problem (parts machined incorrectly / out of tolerance).

The Service Dept. has ordered the parts and I get to keep my car until they come in. The SVT Tech was sooo cool. I stopped by yesterday after work to take him for a ride so he could listen. All I had to do was back up in reverse (pop) and pull forward (tink) a couple of times for him to hear it clearly. He didn't even want to pull the hubs to look at them, he had no doubt about what it was. When we got back he went straight to the Service Advisor and told him to write up a service order and call me when the parts come in.

They are only going to replace the passenger side halfshaft and hub. This is the only side making noise. I couldn't be happier! The SVT Tech is a fellow Mustang owner and doesn't care about my mods. I'll keep everyone posted on whether or not this fixes the problem (there is no doubt in my mind it will). This will be the Dealership's first dealing with the pop/tink in an '03 Cobra.

SVTperformance.com rocks when seeking info/knowledge!

SDAVIS

Established Member
I'll be the next to thank the people on this forum for the info on the tink, tink, tink fix, I printed the info out, took it to the service manager and he ordered both, the hubs and axles, only one side was tinking (the drivers) but they replaced both sides. No more problems as of yet, good luck and enjoy !

03torchvert

Established Member
HIGHCOMP. read below

I had mine fixed with new half shafts and the tinking was back in 2 days and 43 miles. :xpl: I think this is the link here for my work order. Please take a look.: (workorder for rearend tink-click (fixed)
Please look at the above link, might have to do a search title to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread