Delivery!

mhemsley

Established Member
Got my ST yesterday, and I'm still learning it. It is such a nice car - wow!

I will take my first road trip with it next Friday - to Nashville from the Mississippi Coast - and I'm really looking forward to it.

It is SO red, just like my SVT Focus was.

Cheers,

Mike

mysterio

Established Member
Congrats!

Post your impressions of the car on a road trip, if you would.

Mine is scheduled for production this week of 4/22. So as Tom Petty once sang, 'the waiting is the hardest part.'

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Do you miss your CTS-V yet? My '04 is out of warranty now, even though the car has only 35K miles on it.

I'm considering an ST. I used to DD an '04 SVT Focus and really liked it, but I'm not sure if I want back into a FWD Turbo 4 banger. I remember every little boy in his Mitsubishi or Subaru wanting to race all of the time, doing their cute little fly-bys with the fart-can mufflers screaming. It was really annoying. I traded the SVTF in on an '09 Cobalt SS Turbo because I wanted more power in a similar FWD car. Well, it had more power for sure. Otherwise it was a POS. ~16 months later I traded it on a CTS-V.

I've looked at the ST, but have yet to drive one. It is a nice little car and seems to have every option my '04 CTS-V has, and then some! Probably not as quick as my V, but plenty for back and forth to work, and I would imagine a Tune would make a nice difference. The increase in gas mileage would only be a side benefit. Sometimes I do kinda miss the slot car handling my SVTF had - I assume the ST is similar.

One question - Can you turn OFF the Traction Control and spin the tires if you so choose? Could never turn it off in my '04 SVTF. Not planning on beating the crap out of it, but I do like to mess around occasionally.

Besides, if I want a real rush I'll take out my Shelby.

Last edited:

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
Do you miss your CTS-V yet? My '04 is out of warranty now, even though the car has only 35K miles on it.

I'm considering an ST. I used to DD an '04 SVT Focus and really liked it, but I'm not sure if I want back into a FWD Turbo 4 banger. I remember every little boy in his Mitsubishi or Subaru wanting to race all of the time, doing their cute little fly-bys with the fart-can mufflers screaming. It was really annoying. I traded the SVTF in on an '09 Cobalt SS Turbo because I wanted more power in a similar FWD car. Well, it had more power for sure. Otherwise it was a POS. ~16 months later I traded it on a CTS-V.

I've looked at the ST, but have yet to drive one. It is a nice little car and seems to have every option my '04 CTS-V has, and then some! Probably not as quick as my V, but plenty for back and forth to work, and I would imagine a Tune would make a nice difference. The increase in gas mileage would only be a side benefit. Sometimes I do kinda miss the slot car handling my SVTF had - I assume the ST is similar.

One question - Can you turn OFF the Traction Control and spin the tires if you so choose? Could never turn it off in my '04 SVTF. Not planning on beating the crap out of it, but I do like to mess around occasionally.

Besides, if I want a real rush I'll take out my Shelby.

Yes you can turn the traction control off and spin the heck out of the tires. :rockon:

2004Droptop

Established Member
You can spin, slip, the tires with TC on! It does not seem to interfere as much as older versions of TC... From the sales brochure - "Standard mode - advance trac, but specifically designed for the ST to be non intrusive. Designed for all road surfaces... Blah blah blah" then there is sport mode and off. Mine allows a lot of slip if TC is on. Never tried a burnout but they spin pretty easy.

Another note of caution, you can lift off the gas in a turn you are really pushing it and step the ass end out... Pretty crazy for fwd. Easy to correct but I didn't expect it. Read more about the car it seems that I'd the way it handles.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread