Demise of the Marauder

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Yep, it has DoD. However, the reality is that when GM tried to impliment a similiar system back in the early 80s computer-controlled technology wasn't no where near what it is today. I imagine that as tighter govt. requirements increase, more fuel efficient measures will have to be applied to engines that would normally eat up gas...for better or worse. Ford and GM will likely follow.
Heck, I wouldn't care myself. IF the reliability is there, then I'd rather have300 C or Magnum even though I really like the Mercury. For me, they look really great and according to published reports, the acceleration difference is considerable and the big Chrysler cars handle as well. I love the way the Marauder looks, but I can't reward Ford for its lack of desire to have made the Mercury what it should have been. They've demonstrated that they can do it with other models, they just didn't quite get the power levels right this time.
I'm certainly more a Ford guy than anything else, but I won't necessarily buy something just because it wears a blue oval...especially when it doesn't compete with its competitors in the same price range and segment.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by f_rice
Huh? First of all my allegiance to the Impala SS will not allow to me to like the Marauder.

Second of all the 300c looks way cooler than a MM, who gets a stiffy over cops cars? The IMPALA SS excluded :rolling:

About the handling, the 300c uses the e-class suspension. Read:no rear axle :thumbsup: That's a good thing. Again I have SRA Impala and even with suspension mods it is no 300c neither is the MM.

Stripped 300c has a far nicer interior than the Impy or the MM and the MM is way nicer than the Impy F*** You GM.

The Hemi has more potential than the 4.6. One of the mags said it had more potential than the ls1 and IMHO the LS1>Mod 4.6

Why are even debating. I pointed out a v8 RWD car and you tear it apart. Do not claim to like v8 rwd and then rip on the one new domestic one out there :beer:

I like all things rwd. v8 and four doors. Yes even the cough* Marauder*cough :rolling:
Might I add that the Impala hold its value much better than either the MM or 300c :beer: :beer:

bigslim

Established Member
I have been away from this board for a while. I can't believe the bickering going on about the MM. The 300 is a nice car but not in the same marget as the MM. The 300 as stated earlier is more luxury. I myself do not believe any of the numbers put in car magazines. I can say the with my chip and 410 I would give a 300 hell. I can honestly say that anyone with a MM would not consider getting a 300. Maybe whe the 300 RT comes out with a blown engine and over 400 hp it will attract MM owners. I have seen MM wth blowers that cost less than 300's run solid 12's which will blow the doors off a 300. I do give any domestic car company credit for making larger rear wheel drive V8 cars. The 300, GTO and MM are all nice preforming cars. And to ricer, unless you driven a MM don't knock it. I ahve run some Mustang Gt from a roll and have given them a pretty good run. I love seeing the Trilogy powered MM's beat up on Mustangs. We have a guy here in the Motor city that has run mid to high 11's with his MM. Not bad for a "cop" car

Users who are viewing this thread