desperately seeking dzus - HELP

kevin

old subject but i've not found help yet.

i took my splitter to the body shop to get it repaired. told NOT to touch the fasteners. well, they did. they popped them out and then lost half of them.

i have two problems.

1. anyone know where i can get the proper tools and rivits to put them back on?

2. anyone know where i can get the "long" ones. the fasteners on each side (total of two) are longer than the rest (the others are stnadard size and i found them).

i'm desparate cause i go to road atlanta in 3 weeks and road america the following weekend

thanks - kevin

clarksniper

: The fastener's your looking for are the 110's, post here if you get them and the details if you can. I thought Ford Racing had the fasteners in both sizes.
What was it that you had fixed on the splitter? I was under the impression that the splitter's could be painted but not fixed if they were torn or cracked? Anyone have any idea if they can be fixed if more than a paintjob is needed?

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by clarksniper
: The fastener's your looking for are the 110's, post here if you get them and the details if you can. I thought Ford Racing had the fasteners in both sizes.
What was it that you had fixed on the splitter? I was under the impression that the splitter's could be painted but not fixed if they were torn or cracked? Anyone have any idea if they can be fixed if more than a paintjob is needed?
I'm gonna get mine fixed and painted when I get my new one (currently on order with Ford Racing). A place outside of Houston said they can in fact repair the small cracks before they respray it. Then, I plan to use the repaired one for daily and track use, and keep the brand new one for car shows and stuff. I also have another one in my storage unit with no fasteners and no fork on it ( I got it from Jayson at SVT) and plan to have that one painted also. This will give me one daily use one and two spares, of which one of those spares will be fully configured with all of the fasteners and the other won't.

kevin

this was the second time i've had my splitter repaire. the first time was due to cracks created by the fascia moving (resilting in my fascia support fix) and the second was a crack created by my hiting a pylon. both fixes are well done but done at two different places (cause i moved).

i'll keep you informed on the fasteners. i've tried calling rod in the past and never got a phone pick up or returned call. i'll try again, and if unsuccessful i'll try mike personally for some help.

i put a call into svt this am (phone message)

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by BRIMSTONE
Kevin,

Rod is building a roll cage for the R as we speak. I will let him know that you are in need of fasteners.

Mike
Mike,

I'm gonna want some fasteners also. Please check your email for a message from me on this.

Thanks!!

clarksniper

: Went to local F.Racing dealer who called Roger from F. Racing for me today. Roger(tech support F.R.) didn't have a clue as far as fasteners went. He didn't know if the front header/facia came with the holes drilled for the splitter either.
I called and spoke to Jason at SVT and he said he was under the impression that F.R. was to have the 110's and that the header in their catalog was to come equipped with holes cut for splitter. He assured me that he was aware and on top of the situation and that he would get back to me tomorrow, he said not to worry about it and that essveetee would be giving us all new engines to make up for the difficulty we are having past/present in regards to the fasteners/splitter supply snafu:eek:

Andy M

Established Member
: Went to local F.Racing dealer who called Roger from F. Racing for me today. Roger(tech support F.R.) didn't have a clue as far as fasteners went. He didn't know if the front header/facia came with the holes drilled for the splitter either.
I called and spoke to Jason at SVT and he said he was under the impression that F.R. was to have the 110's and that the header in their catalog was to come equipped with holes cut for splitter. He assured me that he was aware and on top of the situation and that he would get back to me tomorrow, he said not to worry about it and that essveetee would be giving us all new engines to make up for the difficulty we are having past/present in regards to the fasteners/splitter supply snafu:eek:
LOL!!! new engines huh?? Would be nice to have a spare hanging around just in case though?...

As far as the new Ford Racing splitters goes?... I have one on order and they are supposed to be coming with ALL the necessary hardware including the DZUS fasteners. The 110 fasteners were made specially for the R, and unfortunately the company that makes them does not make full production runs of them anymore. We can order them but the price is pretty steep... I called about this once and the price was out of sight...around $15.00 each if I remember correctly?? :eek:

Actually after further investigation... I am not convinced that the 110 size is the correct size for the sides of our splitters?? anyone else other than me have those two fasteners sticking out a little? ie: they hook up properly when you turn them, but they seem too long and therefore stick out of the base a little and it looks like they are not properly fastened? Is my car the only one that has this phenomenon??

kevin

thanks to jason at svt i got a hold of jeff at ford racing.

my set will leave tomorrow.

they just approved a hardware set. i explained my immediate need and jeff said i'll get the first (basically not packaged) set.

if your interested, call him and get on his list. since i'm headed to the track in 3 weeks for two weekends in a row, he had symapty for me. currently f.r. is not selling them but a distributor for them is. total cost is $90. fasteners, rivits, everything. when i get it i'll repost on what comes

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by kevin
thanks to jason at svt i got a hold of jeff at ford racing.

my set will leave tomorrow.

they just approved a hardware set. i explained my immediate need and jeff said i'll get the first (basically not packaged) set.

if your interested, call him and get on his list. since i'm headed to the track in 3 weeks for two weekends in a row, he had symapty for me. currently f.r. is not selling them but a distributor for them is. total cost is $90. fasteners, rivits, everything. when i get it i'll repost on what comes
Thanks Kevin! I'm very interested to see if you get all the correct parts? $90.00 is not too hard to swallow if you can count on getting the correct stuff, and it is not always on a 6 month backorder??? :rolleyes:

clarksniper

: I hope you meant $9 and not $90- Jeez, the fasteners are cheap, you can buy the 60's for a few bucks for a package of them. I'm not sure if they come with the rivets, but they can't be that expensive. I hope your getting a rivet tool with your shipment for that much money.
The 110's are the right size for the task. I think it's the wire that has to be just right for the fastener to sit flush. I've had the fastener sit perfect for 1 splitter, and a bit not-so-flush-crookedy for the last 2. I'll let you know how the next one fits this week(uh'hem) if I get the fasteners---MUHAHAHA!
Does anyone have any experience cutting the holes in a new header/facia for the fasteners? Is there a Homer Simpson simple way to get them perfectly lined up and cut out???
Does anyone have or know of the rivet tool for installing the fasteners? Is it a special tool or just your average tinsmith rivet tool?

Users who are viewing this thread