Detailing Touch ups?

#1pony

Established Member
After you have detailed your car what do you reccommend using to remove any bugs after a cruise, or to do any last minute touch ups? QD Sray?

Juiced-03

Established Member
Poorboy's Spray And Wipe
Mother's Showtime
Eagle 1 Wet Wipe and Shine
Clearkote Quikshine
Zaino Z6

Those are some of the good ones right there!

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
Poorboys Spray And Wipe / Spray And Gloss
Pinnacle Carnuba Mist
Zaino Z8/Z6
Adams Detail Spray

Scott P

Established Member
For bugs and heavier dirt/dust, I use Poorboy's Spray & Wipe.

For all other QD jobs, I'll usually reach for Clearkote Quik Shine, Poorboy's Spray & Wipe or Pinnacle's Crystal Mist. I have a carrying case with S&W, QD Spray and a bunch of MF towels as a travel kit in my car. I even made one up to stick in the trunk of the wife's MG when we hit cruise nights.

I like to match my QD sprays with whatever topper I have on the car at that time. The following examples indicate what I mean by that.

Zaino: Z-6
Klasse: Sonus Acrylic Spritz
Four Star UPP: Four Star Ultimate Gloss Enhancer

For other sealants: Clearkote Quik Shine
For waxes: Quik Shine, Poorboy's Spray & Gloss, Pinnacle Crystal Mist

One other newer product that can be used along those lines is Optimum Car Wax. It is a spray wax with very good durability. It does work well as a stand alone car wax product or as a spray topper wax. It goes on and off quicky and easily and offers more protection than any of the regular QD products.

Juiced-03

Established Member
I am looking forward to trying the sample of TC spray I ordered! I'll write a full review of the products when I receive them.

#1pony

Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
I am looking forward to trying the sample of TC spray I ordered! I'll write a full review of the products when I receive them.

I also ordered some of Tropi-care products. I'll let you guys know how it works. Chris has been very helpful so atleast I know they have good people skills.

Also, what products do you guys keep in your travel kits?

Juiced-03

Established Member
I don't really have a travel kit. I am not much of a believer in QD or "waterless washing". I would much rather wait until I can wash it by hand. If I go on a long road trip for an extended time, I will bring my washing items to do at a quarter wash. Once my car has been driven a day or more after the last wash, it is just too dirty to QD.

The only time I use QD's is after my wash and detail to give it some more slickness and protection.

Users who are viewing this thread