discount tire's wheel damage policy???

i want boost

Established Member
I'm posting this because I take it that the discount vendor on the form is a little higher up than a local store manager/owner. Maybe not but here is my situation.

Or maybe someone else that has ran into this situation can chin in to their experience.

I had new tires installed on brand new rims today, an hour before closing. I looked over the rims whit an employee before leaving them. I picked them up right at closing as I backed up they started loading 8 rims and tires in the truck, (had to remove my sensors from stock wheels). I quicked glanced them over, looked fine. At home I pulled them all out and looked at the new wheels closer, 3 were fine one was clearly damaged in the back of the barrel from the mounting machine, there are 4 sets of scractches, some deep some not. Anyway it is clear the mounting machine did it, and the store had closed, so I plan on stopping by tomorrow am on my way home from work to see what the owner will say/do about it, but I was curious to what the vendor here had to say about it, as far as any policy the company has on this sort of situation. Do not want to name any name/location untill am able to discuss with the owner of this store.

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Please speak with your store manager and update us here when you can. If you need further assistance after speaking with your store manager please let us know.

i want boost

Established Member
Update:

Just stopped by, manager first tried to tell me how to repair it, and what to buy at an AutoZone, with my money from their damage, basically just to cover the smalll gash and scuffs with touchup paint. I mentioned I also did not like the raised up burrs from the small gash. So they just asked me to leave it with them to repair, so I will see what it looks like this afternoon.

Since these marks are in the back of the barrel I'm not as concerned. There is also one scuff where a spoke meets the barrel on front. This I will not find acceptable if it does not look untouched when I return. I asked them about cleaning it up, but not to paint because I know it will not match and will most likely be able to see two different colors. So I will update later today after I see how it turns out

i want boost

Established Member
So they went to a carquest to get color match paint, noticeable with the wheel off the car, but since its in the back of the barrel you really have to get down to look for it when mounted. Because it's not a high dolllar and only a cast wheel I decided this is good enough. Will not be buying or having anymore tires mounted there anymore though.

StangingAround

Established Member
I had the discount tire installers scuff all 4 of my wheels (front spokes) and when I talked to the manager he copped a tone and was visibly arguing with me in the parking lot. I asked for him to either refinish all the wheels or replace them and he laughed in my face. After 15 minutes of getting nowhere with this guy he offered 100 bucks off (which I accepted because he was adamant that he was going to do no more and I was sick of arguing with him) and then quickly headed back to the store. I contacted customer support (4 months ago I might add) and finally have them talking to me, but their only resolution has been to suggest I talk to the manager of that store again. Now pardon my french, but what the hell is that going to do for me when we obviously couldn't come to an agreement in the first place? Frustrating.

End Rant.

Last edited:

i want boost

Established Member
I had the discount tire installers scuff all 4 of my wheels (front spokes) and when I talked to the manager he copped a tone and was visibly arguing with me in the parking lot. I asked for him to either refinish all the wheels or replace them and he laughed in my face. After 15 minutes of getting nowhere with this guy he offered 100 bucks off (which I accepted because he was adamant that he was going to do no more and I was sick of arguing with him) and then quickly headed back to the store. I contacted customer support (4 months ago I might add) and finally have them talking to me, but their only resolution has been to suggest I talk to the manager of that store again. Now pardon my french, but what the hell is that going to do for me when we obviously couldn't come to an agreement in the first place? Frustrating.

End Rant.

I agree, I only had my wheels in my possession For about 30 minutes when I dropped them off, that's how new they were. And why an employee and I looked over them. So Idc if they scratched the inside lip that will never be seen. I played for a new wheel and that's what I should have got when I left

fast4v

Established Member
Had my Nitto NT05 installed thursday and they (american tire's) scratched the barrel of my forgestar CF10's. They tried to buff it out, but no luck. Looks like when balancing the wheels they used a screwdriver to removed the weights and slipped and scratched the powder coating

IMG_3210.jpg

IMG_3211.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread