Do I have a clutch problem?

JTSMUSTANG

Established Member
This had started about 4 weeks ago, I had drove about 2 hours on the interstate and then stopped at a town to gas up/eat, etc. While I was driving around, I had noticed that my clutch pedal "feel" was different. It was harder to depress and it felt like it was "catching and releasing" on something like it was rubbing on the cogs of a gear as I pushed it down. Hard to explain, but that's the best I can do to describe it. It only lasted about 2 weeks and everything seems to be better now, but I haven't driven it much either. Don't know. Is it anything to worry about now or in the future? My Cobra has 12k miles on it.

Yates...Man

TRMN8R
Established Member
It sounds like there could have been a rough spot on your TOB retainer when the Throw Out Bearing slides along the retainer. Should be nothing to worry about unless it keeps happening. This might mean that there is a grove in the retainer itself that the TOB is catching on.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Sounds like a binding clutch cable, although it's odd that this would be happening so soon (then again we're talking about the modern Ford here :shrug:).

Users who are viewing this thread