Do stock 03-04 Cobra wheels have a weird offset?

KooK

Established Member
I'm just wondering if the offset of the stock 17x9s is any different than lets say a ford racing 10th anniv. 17x9 wheel. I ask because I see other Cobras and their wheels look normal where on my GT with an 03 IRS, they actually tuck in. Not to mention the springs wont let my car settle down all the way so the rear end looks like I put a lift on it. Its actually higher than a stock GT suspension. That may have something to do with the fact my wheels look tucked but I tried to put on some 18x10.5 rims with 295/35/18s and I wouldn't be able to run them without half inch wheel spacers.

This normal for you guys?

Thanks.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
KooK said:
I see other Cobras and their wheels look normal where on my GT with an 03 IRS, they actually tuck in...This normal for you guys?
Look closely at any stock '03-'04 Cobra. They all look like the wheels are tucked into the rear fenderwells too far. Many people install 1" hubcentric spacers just to push the stock rear wheels out so they look less "tucked in." People either do that or they install 10.5" wheels.

You should be able to run 18 x10.5" wheels and 295s without wheel spacers. But you say the car is sitting unusually high in the rear right now? That could be part of the problem. It's hard to explain, but the lower your car is, the less likely it is that you will need wheel spacers.

Users who are viewing this thread