Does anyone know why........

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
After my crash my L won't start. The front of the car was never touched, just the whole passengers side. My guess it's the fuel reset. I tried starting it but it was like she wanted to start but was out of gas, I know it's somewhere under the passengers side where the computer is, but I haven't wanted to touch anything untill the adjuster takes a look at it. My question is, has anyone else experienced this before? If so, let me know what you think.

Thanks

nyctrashguy

Established Member
hey sorry to hear about ur crash,about the fuel reset
never to happened to me but i used to drive a tow truck
it dosent matter where the impact is any hard shock
to truck can make it pop.ur right its by the computer
there should be a small black box with a white or yellow button
on the top of it just push in the button truck will start
right up!!!!!!

good luck

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
Thanks guys,
The reason I haven't hit the button is that the floor is still full of glass and dirt from the impact. And since I can't just open the passenger door, I think I'll wait till after the adjuster comes to see the truck to see if she starts. I think she will tough.
(Damn I miss my truck :( .........)

DR.D

Established Member
sad

Sorry to hear about your L, pal. I figure you weren't hurt so good there. But the L, Damn! It sux too, because they're never the same after that. Paint isn't right, rattles etc. Hope you get quality work.

L'FEVER

Established Member
I'VE HAD THAT PROBLEM ON OTHER FORDS, THE FUEL CUTOFF IS UNDER THE DASH ON THE PASSENGER SIDE. RESET IT AND THE TRUCK SHOULD START RIGHT UP. I NOTICED YOU'RE IN FLORIDA, I LIVE IN TAMPA AND OWN A COLLISION REPAIR SHOP. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT ME, I WOULD BE GLAD TO ASSIST YOU IN GETTING YOUR TRUCK FIXED PROPERLY, AND WITH NEW PARTS. IF NOT, CHOOSE YOUR SHOP WISELY. GOOD LUCK.

L'FEVER
2000 BLACK LIGHTNING

Users who are viewing this thread