Does anyone use traction control?

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by RedHotSnke
Ok, guys....I don't mean to sound dumb here, and I'm asking this question because I never race, but.....

If I ever have to line up against someone....I disable the TC, right?

Yes.

NEVER race with TC on. It can pull power even before wheel spin occurs sometimes.

AC and TC off for racing. :)

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Traction control + chip + pulley + wet = stalling... It's done it before a few times. I would not turn on traction control period. Just learn how to drive safely if you need to in bad weather. Thankfully I got myself a beater just for that purpose so the snake can rest and be safe during those shitty weather times.

03_Snake

Established Member
I leave it on most of the time. The '03 has so much more power and torque than my SVT Contour, I still need to "grow into" this car. When I really wanna get on it, or run someone, I turn it off.

I also like that it comes on when you power the car up, since my wife drives it also. I feel a little more secure knowing that TC will make it more unlikely that she will end up ass-in-front-of-teakettle.

NCStanger

Established Member
I was out the other night and turned TC off, and it was foggy a little outside so I turned on my fog lights and finally noticed my rear window was fogging up also so activated my rear window defogger. Looks cool driving at night to look down there and see all 3 different colored lights on. Makes you feel like all systems are go for a butt whooping on some poor fool thinking he can take you in a race.

03cobra#116

Established Member
I keep mine on all the time. One of my biggest surprises with this car was how good the traction is in the rain. My old 1990 5L LX would slip and slide at the drop of a hat.

Ktee's Stang

SVT Poster
Established Member
I drive w/TC on. Actually, it was part of the deal w/me getting the car. I agreed w/my husband to drive w/it on 100 % for the 1st 6mo's. I intend to try it w/o later on under good weather conditions. This car handles great it wet weather!! I'm sure TC helps.

Ktee

f4sfed

Established Member
I'm trying to make it a habit to turn it off. When I want it on, I'll turn it back on (or not turn it off in the first place).

Users who are viewing this thread